Thread: Am i rushing to get pregnant

Default Am i rushing to get pregnant

Hi my name is Samantha and my girlfriend name is Vinesha.. We want to have kids.. well a baby.. We've only been together for about 4 months now.. We are still in school and we dont live together as yet.. We plan on having a baby next year wen we move in together and wen we move in together and wen we have stable jobs.. is that to soon or it doesnt matter??? Help ??!!!

Last edited by Amity; April 28th, 2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Please don't use all capital letters...

Only you and your girlfriend can decided when the right time to start a family is right for you both. If you are not going to start a family until next year when your living together and are working and your schooling is complete then that gives you close to another year to make further decisions about this as its not something you want to jump into lightly and your relationship will be that much further developed. If you both desire a family then these feelings wont go away in this time just strengthen.
    Best of luck to you both deciding when the right time.

Smile

thankyou so much..
    Im also new to this..
    So i will have alot of questions..
    =]

Without being harsh I have learnt that it is better to wait to rush in to having a baby. I knw it doesn't seem like it but you are very young and have your whole lives ahead of you, don't be in a rush to race through life, savour your youth.

My daughter is 18 and I would say the same to her if she asked me.

Thought I better add this. I started planning to have a baby when I was 15. At 16 me and my partner were actively trying and when I was 17 I had my daughter. In hind site I was fullfilling my desire to be a mother and now when I look back I wasn't really thinking of what was best for my future child. At the time of her birth I lived with my parents and shortly after she went to childcare so I could go to uni.

I think I have done a pretty good job raising her. Brought my own home, got a career, financially secure etc, she goes to private schooling and doesn't miss out on much. She will get her first car and a deposit for her first home.

In hind site before I had her deep down I knew the relationship wouldn't work and now she only has me for her parent. Its not ideal and for the first 4years of her life I was studying fulltime to get my career so we both missed out on alot of mother-daughter time. I certainly don't regret having her but we have both missed out on alot.