Thread: any ideas

mel & kyls Guest

Default any ideas

hi all
    we are 30 weeks pregnant with our first baby and still undecided on what the baby should call us both obviously mum for one but any ideas what to call the non biological mum? any ideas are greatly appreicated!!!!
    thanks
    kyls and mel

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Hey guys,
    We are in the same boat.
    We were thinking Mum B (me) and Mum C (For Candice)
    ????????

We have already decided that when everything happens, we will be muma J and muma K For Jay and Karen

I like those ideas... same but with the initials to differentiate... Almost makes me wish I was doing this with a partner - as it is I'll just be Mum and any future partner (serious enough to be introduced) unless seriously super-serious would just be called by the first name I think.

As two Sal's, we can't go with initial mum's, so are going with Mum for tummy mummy sal and Mama for other mum Sal......
    Confused? We hope squishy won't be,........
    On the plus side, our little nephew is three and very clearly knows the difference between Sally ( tum mum ) and Sal ( me ). To him, they are two totally different names because that's what all the family calls us, he doesn't 'get' that Sal is a shortened version of Sally.......so if he can get the subtle difference, I don't see why a new baby won't very clearly recognise the difference between Mum and Mama or Mum T and Mum C etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse27 View Post
    We have already decided that when everything happens, we will be muma J and muma K For Jay and Karen
    That's what my partner wants to do... she likes the Mama T and Mama B that they use on The L Word. I'm still not entirely convinced, but I haven't been able to come up with a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    That's what my partner wants to do... she likes the Mama T and Mama B that they use on The L Word.

I didn't even realise that was what they had done on the L Word when we decided to do that - i hadn't seen it at that stage lol.

Who knows... we might change our minds by the time it happens, and come up with something else (but I like muma J and muma K)

Kaz Jay

At the moment I'm Mumma, or Booby Mumma and Shel is Mummy.

Don't be worried about confusion, kids will work it out, and work out how to call you

mel & kyls Guest

thanks for the suggestions im sure the baby will decide for us in the end anyway!!