Thread: Baby Names

Default Baby Names

Ugh. Has anyone else had trouble coming up with baby names that both you and your partner agree on? I feel like we'll end up calling them one, two and three before we decide on something we both agree on. My name is common, and I'm extremely pro-uncommon names, and she's the opposite. She wont even come close to accepting any of the names that I want, and all of the names that she picks you can find on those corny little license plates at gift shops. *gag*. Any advice?

Hey there,

We had no trouble coming up with names. We went to a bookshop and just opened a book and said that the first names we see will be the ones we pick (one girl and one boy). We did come to a compromise on the spelling of one name though - I didn't want the plain spelling, so we took the welsh spelling for it instead.

I had a friend at school with a very uncommon name - she was macedonian - and I just remember how frustrated she would get correcting people's spelling and speech.

Yep, its half the fun of it. To tell the truth, Jasmine was kind of a last minute flash of brilliance that neither of us liked until we starting finding nicknames and decided Jazzy was perfect for the cheeky little tyke in my belly!!!

Don't worry, one day you'll both hear something and go "omg thats perfect!!!!!!!"

IM IN THE SAME BOAT!
    DF wants james,jack,tom,sarah,jane
    all lovley names but i want spice
    and he thinks alec is to outrageous. Its so frustrating!
    i suggested common middle names and he wont budge the only advice i can give you is keep trying you will find something im sure

Yep that's half the fun...
    we actually let 'number 1' pick number 2's name lol.
    We came to a compromise though. Neither of my kids have 'licence plate names', but they aren't so out there either.

Charlie just leapt out at both of us all of a sudden....we knew our middle name for a boy from before we ttc though, as it's Sal's brothers name, so just had to sound good with the first name

hello there, we decided to put a sheet of paper on the fridge with 2 columns, G & B, whenever we think of a name or come across one that either of us like individually, we put it up, if one of us doesn't like it, we have the pleasure of crossing it out. That sheet of paper has moved rooms over the last 12 months and it has a lot of comments next to the names that are crossed out, but it has been fun and something that we have both enjoyed. We have finally agreed on a boys name, the girls name is still a work in progress.

bye for now