Thread: Back after a long absence with some good news!

Default Back after a long absence with some good news!

So it's been a long while since I was last here.

After 2 unsuccessful IUI attempts in 2008 and 3 failed IVF cycles in 2009 with nothing in the freezer we took an 18 month break from TTC.
    Started again with another IVF cycle in July this year, and lo and behold, I'm now 6 weeks pregnant! Crazy. We've also got 3 frosties chilling in the freezer, which is a first.

I'm a little lost, as I don't have any lesbian parent friends (or even many straight friends with babies), and it's too early to start talking to people about the pregnancy. I'm sure the next few weeks will go past fast enough though and then I can start telling everyone the news.

Is there anyone on these boards who is in Perth and can offer any advise about obstetricians, hospitals and parenting classes, with a gay slant? I have tentatively chosen an obstetrician who delivers at Mercy as it's the closest private maternity hospital, but I'm so confused by all the options.

Hi Babysteps ... I was in a TTC group with you way back in 2008.

So happy to hear your news! Huge congratulations!!!

Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy

(My username was Townsvillegirl then ... but I don't expect you to remember )

Hi Babysteps,

No advice here but just wanted to say congrats on your long awaited pregnancy. Wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy and birth

Congrats on your pregnancy! I don't really have any advice for you, other than you should check out the Belly Buddies thread, you'll find lots of lovely ladies to share your journey with.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Congratulations and welcome back.

Regards,
    Dianne

Sorry I don't have any advice either. I just wanted to say a big congratulations and welcome back.

xox

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Sorry no advice as not from WA but Congratulations and good luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congrats on your bfp! I'm from Perth, but I'm afraid, that not only do have no little ones (yet!), I don't have many contacts in the gay/lesbian community, either, so I can't help directly. But I can suggest reposting in the 'Members in WA' thread, or the 'Looking for reccommendations for... in WA' threads. Good luck!

no advice either cos i'm not in perth but congratulations!! wishing you a very h&h PG

That's great girls, congratulations!

Welcome back to the forums & hoping for a happy & healthy pregnancy!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I've just joined a couple of other groups and I'll look around the forums to find answers to most of my questions.

Hi there, I'm not in Perth (though I did grow up there) but thought I'd put in a plug for the Community Midwifery Program which is a continuity of care, know your midwife program and is public. I also know more than a few of the midwives involved and they are all extremely queer friendly. I imagine you'd be very unlucky to find one who wasn't.

Congratulations and good luck.

Congratulations!
    Close (lesbian) friends of mine are currently pg with #2 and go through Mercy. I can't remember the name of their Ob, but they had a good experience. I can ask if you like, and let you know?

Thats awesome! Congrats!!!!