Thread: A bit of an intro

firemother Guest

Default A bit of an intro

Hello to all of you my name is Morgan (Mog) and my partners name is Tess. I posted a bit of an intro in the introduce yourself page but didn't know if anyone would find us there so I started a thread, hope thats not to pushy for a newbie.

ATM I am 18 weeks along with our first child and we opted for self insemination with a known donor. I have to say we have no legal stuff in place yet such as parenting contracts or the like but after reading some of the other posts in this section I think I have a bit of homework to do.

Anyway looking forward to making some new friends

Welcome Mog and congrats to you both!
    Don't worry about being too pushy for a newbie, it's pretty quiet around here at times as we all get busy, so it's lovely to see new posts!
    Looking forward to getting to know you

firemother Guest

Hi sally2 and thanks for the welcome. I noticed we are due around the same tine, cool. How have you found your pregnancy easy or any problems? I have been pretty lucky so far no major problems. Only problems I have are with some family members who aren't so accepting but thats how it goes I guess.

Hey Mog & Tess!
    Welcome Hope you enjoy it!
    Jess

Hi mog and tess nice to meet u both and congrats on ur pregnancy so far

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

hey Mog & Tess,
    Welcome and congrats on the pregnany. My partner Candice and I are also from Perth. Finally some one else is on from the west.
    Where abouts are you travelling?

Hi Mog,
    Sorry for late reply, work has been crazy but have tomorrow off now, yay!
    Sal has had horrible morning sickness all the way through, and at one stage had lost 6 kilos but has now put on 1 ( I think you're supposed to have gained about 4 by now ) but looks fantastic !! Glowing, bump everywhere, just spectacular ( I am a little bit biased, I know.... )
    Our familes are sooo excited for us, we have been getting them used to this for a LONG time, so now it's here, they are beside themselves with excitement. Sal's mum calls squishy her little miracle IVF grand baby and my mum is going on a knitting frenzy
    We are really lucky with the support of our families, there were some rough times in the beginning when we first came out to them, but they are all such loving, gorgeous people and we are now just the norm to them, it's not even a consideration. This little boy will be sooo loved.
    Are you guys finding out the sex? We couldn't help ourselves, we had to know!

Lea79 Guest

Hello everyone,

I know families can be difficult at times but you just need to know how to approach them best. My mum has been the worst to deal with ever since me and Sel got together. She has toned down heaps and I think she almost loves Sel now, asking us both to visit and always includes her when talking about us visiting etc. So when we have discussed when to tell mum about having a baby we decided to hold off for a bit. Then little discussions here and there occurred. So now she has a fair idea we are thinking about it but doesn't know when. I think we just have to be gentle, she is the type who has been quite controlling over the years and when I took something totally out of her hands she didn't know what to do but its been a great learning curve for everybody.

As for us, we are getting excited! only 2 months now til our first round. I got a blood test the other day to see how my hormone levels are behaving and have another booked for day 21 of my cycle for progesterone levels to see if I am actually ovulating. Shouldn't be a problem but its good to make sure everything is behaving itself.

Sally2 - I'm feelin for poor Sal still sufferin with morning sickness, how exciting that you two are getting closer and have a great relationship with your families!

Gizzmo - haven't heard from you girls in a while, how is everything going with the clinic? and did you end up getting those L word DVDs I sent you?

Firemother - I hope your family comes around, I know how hard it can be. Good luck!

Everyone else I hope everything is running smoothly for you all.

Cheers,

Leanne
    Last edited by Lea79; October 17th, 2008 at 09:46 PM.

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Hey Leanne, Yeh it has been a while, We have been busy busy busy building our new home. I did receive the L Word and loved every bit of it. Cant wait for the next season. Thank you so so so much

Hi mog and tess,

Sorry this is a month late lol but welcome! And congrats on the pregnancy, we look forward to following you journey!

Lea79 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Hey Leanne, Yeh it has been a while, We have been busy busy busy building our new home. I did receive the L Word and loved every bit of it. Cant wait for the next season. Thank you so so so much
    Cheers, no worries girls. Building your own home, that would be fantastic! Have fun!