Thread: Conception using partners egg/unknown donor, WA.

Question Conception using partners egg/unknown donor, WA.

Hi all.
    I am interested in finding out some more information about becoming pregnant using my partners egg and an unknown sperm donor. I was wondering what this process entails, possibly from couples who have conceived like this previously.
    We have discussed the prospect of having 2 children, using both of our eggs (if fate permits.)

I would be conceieving in WA, so any information on laws of surrogacy etc in clinics will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jenna (+ Jess).

Default Maybe some help?

Hi there, not sure if I can be of any specific help but my female partner and I are about to go through our second round of IVF using anonymous American donor sperm here in Queensland. I have just started a blog about it (only two entries!), which may give you some insight into what's involved day to day...just in terms of my experience.

Gay Fourth And Multiply

Good luck!

Hi Jenna,
    I'm in NZ so don't have any real knowledge, however if you google 'Reproductive Technology Council WA Australia", click on the top link that it brings up, and then on the website, click on 'consumer information', there is a link to info about surrogacy in WA...
    (I would have just posted the link, but am not sure if that is allowed on here or not)..

good luck!

Thumbs down

Thanks for the rely G+E.

I have read through, and it seems as though its counted as surrogacy to use jess's eggs. I think this is rediculous! What makes it worse, is that if I wasnt able to use my own eggs for medical reasons, I still cannot use a surrogate (jess's eggs), as the intended recipient couple have to be hetero.
    Hmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Silly Silly.

Don't quote me on this but I thought that they just past a law making surrogacy legal for same sex partners. As far as I know it does not come into effect until May but I'm sure that it was past.

LeeLou, I wish!! When did you hear about this?

This is the site that I found and read from. Commercial surrogacy illegal, Surrogacy due to health reasons allowed, if couple is hetero, bearer is over 25years and have given birth to live baby before (exceptions made). Not quite our situation :]

Reproductive Technology Council - RTC
    (hope that's allowed!)

Jenna

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

hi girls i can only pop on quickly but yes you can do it here in wa. They do ask that you use your own egg first though. Just so you know you can carry a baby. My partner and i went through concept fertility and have a beautiful lil bubba boy, we are planning our second bubs and will use my partners egg this time and i will be the tummy mummy again. I hope i have helped a lil. I will try and log on later to give you more info xx goodluck xx

Hey there,

It is always worth a visit to a FS to just suss out what the options are. You may find that even though there is something that on paper is illegal - there are options to get around it.

Surrogacy is illegal in SA (laws may have changed recently for hetero couples), but in doing IVF and creating embryos both partners become owners of them (there is paperwork that you sign to prove this) and in doing so you have the choice as a partnership of what you want to do with them. We asked a FS outright if this meant we could use the embryos in both our pregnancies, and he said yes!

Good luck with TTC!