Thread: Glad to have found you

Default Glad to have found you

Hi there, this is my first thread so please forgive a virgin!!!! Am not quite up to date with how this all works. I have been following this forum (as well as others on this site) for several weeks now. My sister is in a gay relationship and they are desperatly ttc. (I very unexpectedly found out I am pregnant 4 wks ago - 10 wks now, feeling a little bad for them but we wouldnt undo it)
    I was wondering if there was another site that you guys frequent, maybe i can pass this on to her (i dont want to take business away from this site - just looking to help them out)
    The info you guys have been able to provide re donor agreements and the legalities of your situation have been very informative and I would love to be able to pass on any helpful info I can.
    Thanking you in advance for any help you can give, Shell
    (ps, my sister is based in inner city melb)

Lea79 Guest

Hi there,

Your sister s very fortunate to have such a sister as you looking out for her. This site is not only for pregnant women but also those trying to conceive or even just considering it. This is where you can find out plenty of info by linking up with other mums/mums to be. Another really good site is lesbian parents australia, its a yahoo forum based in Melbourne. Maybe Baby is another online group for gay and lesbian couples/singles trying to conceive or the like who meet up in Melbourne, I'm not sure on the address but if you google it I'm sure you could find it. If she is just looking for info the pride & joy website is excellent. Its Victorian based so thats a bonus and the royal womens hospital in Melbourne run it.

Leanne
    Last edited by Astrolady; September 7th, 2008 at 03:09 PM.

Thankyou Leanne,
    Will pass this info onto sis. She already knows about Maybe Baby, but she didn't know about this one and she hasn't spoken to me of the others.
    Will look them up myself too. Being as this process seems to lurk somewhere between black and white from a legal standpoint, esp re donors, am trying to get somewhat "clued up" about the whole deal. After all, any kids they have (regardless of who is the biological parent) I will be an aunt to. So I guess walking into this with some idea of the realities of the situation are only going to help.
    Just sitting back and reading what you guys go through in order to have your families is really helpful in understanding what my sis and her partner must be going through. Esp since pregnancy apparently is an epidemic in our immediate family at the mo (2 months-3 babies, between 5 girls) Am sure this is probably creating a little stress/strain/pressure and possibly the tiniest bit of resentment on thier part. I completetly understand.
    So thankyou for your help and good luck on your journey into parenthood (11 wks in and [email protected] scared!!)
    Shells

Hi shells, congrats on your pregnancy!!!!! Only one week until your first/next scan, it's the BEST thing ever seeing a tiny little baby in there, particularly when you can't feel them yet!
    We are happy to share info on how we accessed anonymous donor sperm from Melbourne IVF without being 'techinically' medically infertile, just private message us to get email address. It's something that is much more readily available in other states, but Victoria you need to go to the 'right' doctor and then be prepared to do the whole IVF thing, not just an insemination.....
    Good luck to your sister and partner and all the best for you, too!

Hey Sally2
    Sorry for the tardy response, modem had moment. Thankyou for your offer for help, have passed onto sis and will get back to you if any Q's.
    Just got home from scan today. All good, normal, average and about right. Just the answers I was looking for.
    Thankyou so much for your help, will keep you posted on bump. The next big question is, are we getting a minibike or a pony? I have a gut feeling it is a pony, but 7 weeks to wait for that one!!!!
    Great good luck and best wishes to you both.
    Shell