Thread: Help in avenues re Co Parentinghi

Default Help in avenues re Co Parentinghi

hi
    we're keen to commence the journey to be mums and feel strongly about having a dad/s in the child's life ie not just a donor! given we'd like a 'known' donor we cant do the clinic thing but are not sure how to go about advertising or meeting prospective gay dad/s.

any suggestions?

cheers

L & G

Hi L & G,

We used an unknown donor so not really much help but you could start by chatting to some people on Pink Sofa, and Lesbian Parents Australia yahoo group (google them)?

Good luck! Hope to see a pregnancy announcement soon

Hi
    Thanks for the reply... will definately try that and see how we go!G & L

hi there
    my partner and i have an 8mth old little man with a known donor if you would like to have a chat my email addy is [email protected] good luck

I have a friend who's a donor dad - he has his son one night a week and his mums have him the other 6 nights, and it's a really warm and encompassing family, with so much love.
    I'll ask him how he got into it.

Hi
    that would be really nice if you could do that- if i can understand the dad's side a bit better perhaps I can figure out how to find one that wants to co parent as opposed to just donating

Cheers

Gina

Default Co parenting

google gay dads Australia and pinkboard classifieds parenting section !

Many gay guys would be ecstatic at the chance to coparent !

As a stretch there is even the website gaydarguys ; you build your own profile telling the guys what you are after then you search the guys in your area and "smile" at the profiles of those you would like to get to know.

Spend plenty of time getting to know anyone you decide to proceed with, don't waste your time with anyone who makes you feel uneasy, chances are it won't improve. A coparent needs to be a person you like as a person.

thanks for the advice; ive tried gaydads and have not had one response yet... maybe ive been a little too honest and they're scared? ill try the other sites and see how i go
    thanks so much for the advice
    cheers
    gina

yeah unfortunately with the gay dads yahoo group the majority are very political and are solely interested in surrogacy so they can tell the child it doesn't have a mother .......just like there are many lesbians who choose an unknown donor so they can tell their child it doesn't have a father.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong but unfortunately it leaves those of us who are happy to have known dad's /mum/s /coparents out in the cold.

Also try a yahoo group called Rainbow Families !

Don't know what state you are from ? Each state has gay/lesbian newspapers/magazines that you can advertise in as well.

Hi AnnaSue
    given i've had not contact from that group i wasnt aware of their ideology or primary interests... good to be aware though thanks for the info. it does make it tough for prospective mums like us that definately want known donor/dad input/involvement.
    i'm from victoria and today i went into joy fm and got some of the local rags so will this week put together an add and see how i go... ill keep it minimal !

Regards

Gina

Default i think minimal might be the key

hey there as we have previously discussed i would keep you ad minimal we had quite a few replies from one ad it was very simple and left it open to discuss donors wants and needs as well as ours good luck