Thread: hi there! I am new...

gem29 Guest

Default hi there! I am new...

Hi! I wanted to say hi to everyone, and introduce myself. My name is Claire, and my wife is Natalie, and we are expecting our first child on 4 May 08. I conceived using an anonymous US donor through a fertility clinic on the 11th IUI. We were about to move to injectible meds but got lucky on the final go without....

We live in Vancouver BC, but I called Sydney home for 11 years up until 2004; I feel homesick for Australia all the time, but I am really happy to be in Canada, where we are legally married (Dec 05).

anyhow- looking forward to meeting you all, and sharing the 3rd tri adventures!

claire

Hi Claire welcome to BB. I'm sure you will love your time here and become just as addicted as me!!! ;-)
    Congrats and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :-)

SunnyB Guest

Hey Claire and Natalie - welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy - our baby boy is due on Feb23, so our third trimester is almost over and he is almost in our arms - yay!
    Nice to meet you and all the best!

Hi Claire! Congratulations, and welcome!

gem29 Guest

thanks loqua, sunny and mel! nice to meet all of you ) Jay will arrive SO SOON!! Are you all ready?

One think I think about is how lucky I am to get up to a year off with maternity leave paid by the government at the Dole rate - sure it is a huge pay cut to what I earn, but it EXISTS so I am happy. How are all of you managing if you have work outside the home? How much time will you take off?

claire

Hi Claire,

Welcome! But be warned, BellyBelly is addictive!

My partner and I are expecting our first in August, so we've just begun the second tri. Very exciting.
    I have often thought about up and moving to somewhere that recognises us, but financially it's not going to happen for a long time if ever.

Nice to meet you