Thread: Home Insemination Tips & Techniques

Question Home Insemination Tips & Techniques

Hi everyone :-)

I'm going to do my first home insemination in less than 2 weeks (eek so excited!!) and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on what worked for them or what didn't work etc etc as I just want to try and give this the best possible chance I can to work! One thing I want to know (which is a little bit TMI) is did anyone have an orgasm beforehand and is that supposed to make it easier for the sperm to get up there? And also....... after your donors made their "sample" did you keep it warm in between your thighs or something until you used it or not worry about that? And I keep hearing things about how the sperm needs time to liquify before you use it, is that true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks!
    Jess

I haven't done this myself so can't answer from personal experience but I imagine you would have about an hour up your sleeve under normal conditions. I know when my DH sperm was checked in a lab it had to be less then 15mins since it came out and then I think they said they liked it counted etc within 30mins but can be left a little longer.
    As for orgasm I would imagine an orgasm just after the insemination would work best as then your muscles will help suck the sperm into the required area. If your aroused before the insemination your cervical mucous will be ideal to help the sperm swim. So maybe become aroused, then inseminate and orgasm very soon after. Well thats what I would do anyway.
    Best of luck.

Thanks very much for your help Mildez :-)

Me and my fiance did home insemination with fresh sperm from our donor who would leave his deposit for us at our house. we closely monitered her mentrual periods and also monitered her ovulation. When all that was good to go i made sure to take athe syringe with seman and get the air bubbles out of it and place it in her vagina thus placing all the semen on her cervix and then she had "O". Of course the outside stimulation "O"... the first month it didnt take but the second month worked and we are expecting our lil boy in 8-10 weeks!...good luck