Thread: Introducing....Twomums!

Wink Introducing....Twomums!

Hi Girls

Better late than never!! My name is Megan and my partner Kim and I have been tring to conceive since June 2006. I started out by self -funding 3 x IUI with an anon. donor at QFG with Dr Hynes, then went on to do 3 x IVF cycles with Kim being my Egg Donor on the last cycle, all with no luck. I still have a strong desire to have a child, although that has been put on the backburner until next year when our private health insurance waiting period is over in May.

In the meantime Kim took over trying to conceive via IUI with the same donor and was lucky to conceive on the 2nd attempt!! Unfortunately she had some spotting at 6 weeks that ended up being diagnosed as a large Subchorionic Hematoma. We had an ultrasound every 3 days, the first one showed the heartbeat and the second one showed it again, so we thought we were going to be ok, then the third one showed the heatbeat had slowed almost to a standstill and the last one showed no heartbeat so we slowly lost the baby by 8 weeks.

Kim had to have a D&C and so we had the baby tested for look for chromosome problems, but she was a perfect little 46XX!

Since then Kim has done 3 cycles of clomid and IUI and another cycle of injectables and IUI with no luck. So we are on a 3 month break due to our plans to travel to Malta (where kim is from) in June/July next year for her sisters wedding. We figured if she were lucky enough to conceive anywhere between Sept-Dec 07 she would be too pregnant to board the plane next year.

So in the meantime we are trying to lose some weight (these fertility drugs really pack it on huh?) and hold out until January!! Not much longer, one month almost down and two to go til Kim can try again... If she doesnt conceive before we go to Malta, I am going to try IVF again, this time with some financial help from our private health fund.

So thats it in a nutshell, look forward to getting to know others in our boat or who have been there or who are looking to go there!!

Hi Megan and Kim!!
    I'd just like to say Good On You Girls!!! I got goose bumps when you said that one of your attempts was to have Kim as your egg donor, i think that is one of the most beautiful ideas i have ever heard!!
    I am saddened to hear that Kim miscarried, i wish you all the sticky baby vibes there are!! I am sure you will both make great mums!!!

Good luck with it all when you start trying again!!

Luv StarBright

Thank you so much Starbright!! All the best for you and i'm so sorry for your losses, i cant imagine it. One was bad enough!!! The things we do to get our longed for little one!

welcome two mum's!
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Hope you get your much wanted pecious baby.
    All the bes.

Thanks! Yes its a struggle, even when you have a man with a pee pee as part of the picture!! LOL And no offense at all!!
    We can get pregnant with no worries, i just have trouble carrying a baby, or making it right (my first loss was due to organ abnormality)
    i am confident that we will get there soon.
    Do you have problems ovulating or something, or was the choice to use Kims eggs for you purley so you could carry her child? Would you think about donating for her?
    I just cant get that picture out of my head, it is such a nice way to do it for a couple in your position!! Not to say that you wouldn't love your baby either way, but YKWIM?

LOL no offence taken at all!!! Well i'm not a very good responder to the FSH, the first cycle i only got 2 follicles on 150iu of Gonal F so that cycle was converted to IUI. The second cycle i got 8 eggs, but i had to have 300iu to get those 8 and so they weren't good quality, only two fertilised and those two only had 4 cells and 5 cells on day 3 (healthy embryos should have at least 6-8 by then). So thats why we used Kims eggs the third cycle. But as it turns out Kim responds worse to FSH than i do, also the synarel didnt work by stopping her ovulation before Egg Pick Up. She does really well on Clomid tho.

But i'm going to give it another shot with my own eggs next year and if all else fails we are going to do a clomid IVF cycle using Kims eggs.

Sounds complicated- Good luck!! Enjoy your trip oversea's too!!
    My period just came today So another month of trying for me!