Thread: Just bought a cot & change table

Smile Just bought a cot & change table

Hi Everyone

We went 'browsing' today at a fantastic factory outlet store in Sunshine, VIC and just couldn't help ourselves and bought a fantastic cot and change table.

It's the Bertini Miko out for only $300 for the cot ( half price ) and the change table/chest of drawers for only $280.

It's soooo exciting to have bought a cot! It sounds weird, but it makes it feel like it's happening, that there will be a little person in January who will sleep in the cot....feels real, not just talking and hoping and praying for our baby.
    Had to share with all of you!

We're only ten weeks pregnant, are we nuts to have bought such 'big' items so early?

Has anyone else bought big stuff early or been to the I G C factory outlet?

Chippy Guest

I think that's really exciting and no, I don't think you're mad for buying big stuff early. The more you can spread the expensive stuff out, the better!

We've been watching ebay for all kinds of big ticket stuff after almost dying at the prices at places like Baby Bunting etc. Thanks for the Sunshine tip...might try and drag DP there on the weekend.

Lea79 Guest

awww! that is so cute! very exciting to start the nursery happening and you will be so prepared when other people leave it til they are too big and pregnant to do those kinda things so no, you're not mad. I think its just gorgeous how the two of you are so excited. I'm so happy for you!

Lea n Sel

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Aww, so envious... Not long now til its our turn.
    Have fun Sally and Sally
    it must be so so exciting.

smiles4u Guest

Smile

I bet it's the same outlet I checked out in Sunshine ... cause I remember seeing a gorgeous matching cot & drawers with change table on top ... BUT our friends gave us a almost new change table so we ended up getting a cot from Baby Bunting near Highpoint S/C

... We couldn't bring ourselves to buy a cot, etc & get the nursery started until I was about 6mths preg as we had been through a m/c & cause of my being an older 1st time Mum (39+ preg & 40 when I gave birth) I was running the risk of going thru it again

Geez, I was so glad to finally get it done as you get further alone the pregnancy you just want things to be organised

What the hell if you bought a big 'thing' early ... Hey, wish I was that optimist ... Good on you both

... ENJOY the rest of your magical pregnancy ... and all the absolute very best

P.S - all my dolls were named " SALLY " when I was a kid in the 70's ... yeh, was a lil fan of Sally Boyden from The Young Talent Timeshow, LOL ... the name SALLY always brings me great memories of my childhood !!
    Last edited by smiles4u; July 2nd, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

Sally i'm happy for you!! that's great!! It's so exciting isn't it....

I am at the same stage of pregnancy as you, and on the weekend DH and i visited the baby expo and we ordered our COT, CHANGE TABLE & DRAWERS package!!! We should get it in the next 1-2 weeks!! we saved $$ because it was a deal at the expo and we just couldn't resist..... and it was exactly what we wanted...... a SLEIGH cot, sooooo gorgeous....

Have fun setting up the nursery!! At least we'll be organised hey!!!

I want to put it up now!

BUT baby's room is one big MESS! It's our random storage, home office & card making room so we have to clean it out, paint it etc before we put the cot up. : lol :

I'm happy that others have made these big purchases early, Renstar, we will be organised!!
    Thanks all of you for your best wishes, I LOVE bellybelly and meeting so many gorgeous people online.

Have also decided today that Sal T has DEFINITELY changed shape ::
    She might not look pregnant to anyone else, but she does to me!!! Sooo beautiful...

Sally can you please PM me the address of the outlet? I wanna go!!

Congrats on buying the cot!

Hi Skyeblue

The address for the outlet is: IGC Dorel: 655-685 Somerville Road, West Sunshine. It is an outlet off the factory & right at the end of Somerville Road (furthest away from the city)

I hope you find something there that you like. I think they change their stock all the time so we are definately going to go there again to see what other bargains we can get!!

Yay how exciting! I dont think its too early at all, besides you have to snap up a bargain when its there.

Thanks Sally! We are going there today!

Gosh, everyone's been so quiet on this forum for the past week!

I know for us it's been really busy, school hols in Victoria and we are both in hospitality and living in a 'tourist destination' town so it's been flat out.

Also had a good friend come and stay and got to tell her we're pregnant ( as she was sleeping in the room with a cot, she probably would have worked it out pretty soon anyway )She did a happy screamy dance around the kitchen !! Woo Hoo !!

Now cross our fingers for our scan on Tuesday and then we can announce it to the world

Hope everyone's having a good week !!