Thread: Ninemsn home page today's vote 27/11

Default Ninemsn home page today's vote 27/11

hi everyone just thought i'd enlighten everyone to a little shocking news check out the vote today on nine msn's home page and the related story i was a little annoyed. but also glad action has been taken.
    "The federal government has dismissed one of its new men's health ambassadors after he refused to repudiate gay-hate views.

Warwick Marsh co-authored a paper which suggested gay men were more likely to be child molesters than heterosexuals."

Last edited by sareeb; November 27th, 2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add information

Lea79 Guest

OMG! That is just disgusting! I am happy something is being done about it but for heavens sake, where did those statistics come from?!

Lea

they are probably from the gay haters who sit there and push the no button all day long to make the results look the way they do

Oh BTW good luck with TTC not long before that starts ! Fingers crossed for you both - we have been put off until March now. neither of us want to wait though !

Lea79 Guest

Thanks for that Kaz & Jay, we are excited but trying to stay relaxed as possible. Although its kinda hard when work has been slamming me with night shifts but now have days off so just chilling. That sucks you guys have to wait until March now, but just think of how organised you will be...gotta think positive now lol.

Sorry to crash as I dont belong here

I just wanted to say how descusted I am in the thought "gay men were more likely to be child molesters than heterosexuals."
    Unfortunatly I come to an argument with my father all the time about this. Very small minded, un informed, stupidity!
    Ok well i'll leave now, thanx for letting me have my say

Lea79 Guest

Everybody is welcome here Kass! I totally agree, its just awful to think people still think this way after how much the world has changed. Makes you wonder if we have really made much progress sometimes.

I just can't understand this sort of thinking. None of the gay men I know are interested in children in that way - they are interested in other MEN. If they were interested in children then I wouldn't call them homosexual - I would call them paedophiles. I don't know what the exact stats are but from what I have read females tend to be more often the victims of child sexual abuse than males (25% vs 16% from what I could find) which would mean that most paedophiles abuse little girls - therefore the argument is blown out of the water anyway.

Hmmmmmmmmm... well I have a few opinons of my own I'd like to share with him. It's attitudes like that that make it one step forward and two steps back.

Just when you think society is starting to look like it is moving forward in a positive manner a ****er like that comes along and makes himself sound as stupid as he looks.