Thread: the other mother 2be new to it all... (except the big gay thing)

Default the other mother 2be new to it all... (except the big gay thing)

ok so i don't know the lingo but my gorgeous girlfriend and I are 4 days post embryo transfer (her not me) and 8 days away from the pregnancy test.

she is handling the 2 week wait a little better than me and although she is not displaying any overt symptoms she feels that it has taken (she is a trusting soul) whereas i (who requires hard evidence) am continually prodding her to check for breast tenderness, bloating etc and am almost begging her to feel sick and tired.

this is our first round of ivf using a known donor (1 embryo transferred) and between the two of them they have produced a nice little batch of healthy high grade frozen embryos (which is just as well as my own prospects are not as positive) however, there are no guarantees so we are all on a bit of a wait-and-see.

we have told no one that we are going through the ivf process and have been together so loooong that i doubt anyone would be expecting us to start procreating so i would love to hear from others going through the same thing.

i'll keep you posted on the outcome
    fingers crossed
    monkeygem xx

Good luck with the outcome of your TWW and I hope it's good news! I'm sure you'll find support on BB and there are other couples who've been on or are on a similar journey to you and your GF.

Hi,

Just wanted to wish you luck on your TTC journey... about two years ago we were in the midst of our own. Hope to hear about a BFP soon!!!

Default Crossing everything

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the welcome... only one week to go 'til the pregnancy test now... and she came home from work yesterday sick and tired (gooood) but bounded out of bed this morning raring to go (not so good?).
    Crossing everything.

Default taking our time

Hi Leasha, thank you for the welcome. I have been all over the boards over the past few days and have enjoyed your posts about you and Shel and Jazzy (she's gorgeous btw).

It is strange to be at this point 'all of a sudden' as we attended our first lesbian parenting seminar about 14 years ago in Leichhardt... yes i AM a procrastinator but seriously the years just flew by before we realised!

Anyway, we are crossing everything for this to 'take' although we are aware that we would have to be pretty lucky for it to happen first time around (i know it happens, but i didn't win $90 million last week either!)

So all the best to your family and i shall keep you posted.
    Last edited by monkeygem; July 3rd, 2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: no title

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Hi Monkeygem,
    I just read your post. Hope all is going well,
    My partner and I are expecting our first lil bub I am 15 weeks pregnant.
    All of our friends expected that we would have a lil one soon as we have been together 6 years this month.
    My other half was very much the same as you, poking and proding me and asking me every 5 minutes if I felt the tiniest bit sick.
    When do you test???
    Fingers crossed for you both

xx
    B

Default Thanks for the welcome bee... but wait there's more...

Hi B,

Congratulations... how exciting! Well if you are 15 weeks then we are 10 weeks behind you... your finger crossing must have worked.

We have just found out (test came back POSITIVE on friday YAY!!!) that we are due mid March 2010!!!

It is a bit of a shock once you realise that it is 'real' even though 'the magic pendulum' told us that Elsie was pregnant EVERY time we checked (and we checked a lot!) 'The magic Pendulum ALSO tells us EVERY time we check that we are having a boy (let the battle of the names begin)

All the best
    xx

how exciting!! Congratulations

woo hooo!!

huge congrats on your BFP.....now make sure you get into some of the threads on BB and get your self know babe you'll get heaps of support here

Default thanks missymoo

OMG! I LOVE your motto, you fabulous, hands-on, connected, organic (but NOT hippy) single mama to three!!! And here i am wondering how the two of us are gonna cope with just one baby... you have given me hope and inspiration missymoo. We are VERY excited, thank you for your well wishes.
    xx

Congratulations to you both!!

Default Thanks Maz

Thanks Maz... i am sure we will be all over the boards, especially as we are really keen to keep it to ourselves for as long as possible!
    thanks for your thoughts
    xx

Default Thanks Tinkerbell

Hi Tinkerbell

Thank you for your congrats! It is still sinking in... all the best
    xx

Congrats darls

barney Guest

oh wow well done and a big congrats to you both

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

congrats mate. Stoked for you both yep my fingers we crossed really tight lol. Dont stress you will both make fab parents talk soon xx b