Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Introduce Yourself!

Red face Another Newbie

Hello! Im Hayley, 22 and living in Brisbane, Ive been with my partner 21, for 2 years and probably not planning on having children for another 2-5 years (but who knows)
    Basically ive just signed up to research and meet like minded people..
    Im one of those people who likes to have as much information as possible, haha even if it is years in advance
    Hope to chat to some of you soon!

Lea79 Guest

Nice to meet you Hayley. Hope you find BB a useful site for info, I know we got most of our info here and its great to talk to others in the same boat.

All the best,

Leanne

Ab&Leah Guest

Hi, We're newbies!!.. and have just been reading through some of the forums and thought we would join. We have been together for just over 6 years now and are starting to plan on having a family together. We are both 24 years old and are very new to all of this.. We don't really know where to begin, we have been looking up ivf programs but couldn't find much information on same sex pregnancy or parenting in melbourne.
    If anyone could give us some tips of where to begin or who to contact in regards to starting the ivf process using an unknown donar, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Abby & Leah

Hi Abby & Leah,

Unless there is a reason for needing to use IVF (eg. infertility) you would usually start with an IUI procedure, that's less invasive and expensive.

I'd recommend doing a google search for "iui melbourne" and have a look at some of the results.

I'm going through my first IUI cycle at the moment, I've written about it in my blog (you can get to that from the blog button at the top of my post. Shades has also blogged about her IUI process, I'd recommend reading that as well.

Good luck!

Hey there - there are some great resources in Melbourne for queer parenting - google 'Pride and Joy Online' for a little publication for prospective lesbian parents by the Royal Women's in Melbourne.. there's also a group called "maybe baby melbourne", try googling that too. That's all I have for Melbourne specific... As far as general info goes, Leasha has some great threads on here and as Babysteps mentioned, there're a few blogs that you might find interesting

Wish you all the best, hope that info helps!

Crumps77 Guest

Hello,
    I'm Kat and I have just joined...my partner and I are hoping to fall preggers over the next year or so...it seems a bit complicated though!
    Cheers,

Kat

HI!
    I'm Jackie..I'm 23 and I live in Texas...my girlfriend is 27 and we are going to try to have a baby very soon! We have a friend who is willing to be the donor...so we are just trying to get everything in line and are just looking for support!!

Lea79 Guest

Hi Jackie, Great to meet you, and someone from o'seas is cool too! Hope you find out some good info on this site!

Cheers,

Lea n Sal

Hi all,
    we are B and K - we have a 6 yr old (who is seven in less than 2 weeks ), a little man who passed away at birth in February and I'm now pregnant again (28 weeks).

We conceived using a known donor - a close friend of the family who my partner has known since birth. All three of our families are involved and fairly supportive

Look forward to getting to know you all

Welcome B and K.

I look forward to following your journey.

Cath

annasue Guest

Default Hello

Helloooooo

We are Deanna 39 and Sue 48. We have been together for five years 7 months.

Sue has two bio sons one 29 the other 24 they have one small son each.

We have Noah together he's 2 and a bit, conceived via a well known donor.

In October 08 Deanna gave birth to a litle girl (V) who lives in another town with her two dads.

Sue's son's were from a previous hetero relationship a very shortlived part of her past.

The other two were DIY AI's.

Oh if only we could turn back the clock HMMMMMMMMM Knowing what we now Know !!!!

For 1 thing if we had met the guys who are raising V we would probably have had a tribe of kids with them. They would love another child to the nonbio dad but at 39 I'm not up to the pregnancy thing all over again.

We had an amazing experience being ambassadors for gay / lesbian surrogacy and were extremely lucky that everyone we encountered through the process were very supportive .

Cheers

Hi B and K, and Deanne and Sue, nice to see you here

B - you might have to take two of the tickers down... only allowed one in the sig. in this forum xoxox

Lea79 Guest

hello there, nice to meet you! annasue thanks for the message in our blog and we might consider it in the distant future You sound like you have a wonderful rainbow family on your hands Have fun on BB!

Default Hi all ...

Hi we are Gemma and Amy .
    After feeling a big loss in Lebian and gay parents to chat i came across this site .

We have one little girl whos nearly 4 .
    A little boy who is 18 months old .
    And are due a beautifull new little boy on March the 13th (Still cannot decide on a name ohhh choices choices lol).

All our children were concieved by Annon private sperm donors , And we tried for a whole 2 years before concieving Our little girl .

We have been Married 3 years and Together 8 blissfull ones .

We would really liek to get to know more of you lovely folk . x .

Default Hi!

Hi I am 27 I have a 29 year old partner and our little boy is 4 months old.

We concieved by at-home DIY insemination and our donor is a good (straight) friend.

I am very excited to find this site with lots of gentle parenting forums, little man loves being carried around in the ergo or hug a bub.

annasue Guest

Hi mummy&mummy and mummiloo

Hope you all have fun in here ! It gets a bit quiet sometimes but keep checking in !
    Cheers
    Deanna & Sue

Welcome mumiloo,

congratulations on your little baby

howdy, my name is nicola, i live in a small town in northern nsw. its near lismore 1 hr from the qld border. i am 24. i have been with my partner since i was 17. we have 2 foster children and my partner has 2 daughters from a previous marriage.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast