Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Introduce Yourself!

Welcome Sookey

Default Country Vic lesbian

Hi everyone,

My name is Lori. I am the mother of a 12 year old girl and am currently going through Ballarat IVF to monitor my cycles and was using a private interstate donor to try to get prenant (but the travelling costs are killing me). So I'm back on the donor hunt (started looking almost 3 years ago - I can't believe I'm back to square 1 and just alot broker and disillusioned).

My girlfriend is pregnant with her first baby - due in 4 weeks. She got pregnant on her 3rd attempt (1 through the Albury clinic, 1 through a Melb donor and the succesful one was through the Sydney donor who I was trying with).

We live on a small farm near Ballarat. It would be great to chat to some other lesbian mums from around the area (or anywhere in Victoria).

Lori

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2 View Post
    Hi Kerry & Linda, welcome!
    There is heaps of information out there, it just takes time to sift through it all. I'm sure you've cruised through some of the threads on here, there is a couple of websites mentioned on some of them to give you a great place to start.
    Try Pride and Joy online it is Victoria but has lots of links to gay and lesbian parenting/conceiving websites.
    You have lots of options, your main one being known or unknown donor! Good luck girls, there is lots of discussion on here about everyone's journeys, I think some of the really relevent ones to you are on the second page so read those if you get time.

Hi and welcome to BB. Jazz loves the sling too (though at 10kg I don't use it as much as I would like).

Hello everyone nice to meet you all.

Leasha what kind of sling do you use for your little one?

Lori that sucks about your donor congratulations on your girlfriends pregnancy.

Hi Nicola wow 4 kids it must be great fun at your house! I would love to have that many kids one day although I'm sure it must be a lot of work for you guys. Can I ask did you foster through an agency or DOCS or are you caring for a relatives child? I was asking cos we would like to foster one day in the future and I was wondering about your experiences with foster agencies and being a same sex couple.

Hi Nurse27 and Deanne and Sue too.

hi mumiloo, we use a bear hug baby (BHB) ring sling. We also have an Infantino carrier, but mostly Shel uses that one and I use the sling. What about you?

Hi Lori

Default "Milk Mummy"

Hi Mumiloo,

I love your term "milk mummy". I have heard women use the term "tummy mummy" before but not "milk mummy"... it's very cute.

Thanks for the welcome.

Lori

Hi everybody,
    We are a couple of brand spankers, both to BB and to the TTC game.
    Hope everyone is well and wishing lots of luck to all those on a TWW
    Last edited by D & C; February 22nd, 2009 at 12:54 PM.

Hi Leasha we mostly use an Ergo and before that a hug a bub (I love the hug a bub) and I have a ring sling too which I could never really get the hang of but have just started using at home again in the "hip carry" now that DS is a bit older, it seems useful for home when it's sort of like up-down, up-down etc. What position do you have Jaz in?

Lori ta DP came up with the milk mummy saying when we were introducing ourselves at an ABA meeting

Hi Deb and Carlz good luck with TTC how are you TTC? (clinic, home, IVF or DI etc)

Question hi im new

hi my name is majesta and i am a 25 year old single lesbian trying natural method. Just tyring to get some tips and information on best times to try and symptoms of early pregnancy. hope everyone is having a wonderful experience.
    ~j maj
    Last edited by babymajjie; August 1st, 2010 at 03:50 PM.

Hi, I'm also 25, single and lesbian, but I went through a clinic - I tried a (semi)natural attempt my first go, then fell pg my fourth try through a clinic. You may want to look at the website Fertility Friend, it has some great information on figuring out your cycle and when you'll be most fertile. Best of luck with it

Hi majjie,

We are currently on our second TWW and slowly going insane. Early pregnancy symptoms very closely resemble that of PMS, so they are very easily confused and make that TWW just that bit more unbearable.

As for tips on when to try, I highly reccommend purchasing some ovulation prediction kits (OPK). These are very easy to use and, depending on which ones you choose, relatively inexpensive. OPKs will determine your two most fertile days to inseminate by giving you an indication of a "surge" of LH roughly 24 hours before you ovulate. Also, if you notice a clear, slimy discharge (like egg white) this is also a good indicator of your fertile time.

Good luck!

Leather and Lace - just noticed you live near a few of us, we have a meetup every Wednesday at Gloria Jean's in Morayfield... There are a few straight and lesbian mums with little babies, and myself too. I went before I fell pg too so that's not a requirement!! Details on http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/play...ing-areas.html

Congrats on your little squeak!

Leasha told us about the local meet up on Wednesdays, we weren't able to make it last week though. Our jobs require us to get up really early in the morning so we were "nana napping", it was either that or prop our eyelids up with some toothpicks.

Hopefully one day we will get up there to meet you all.

Hi mumiloo,

When we are out I breastfeed in the sling unless my hip/back is playing up, but it is usually the hip carry or kangacarry on my belly. Shes actually in it right now cos shes sick and clinging so i just use it whenever lol. We have an infantino carrier but i dont like it as much as the sling.

we have booby mumma, Shel came up with that lol.

kate&jess Guest

Hi, We are brand new to this, TTC #1 Feb 09, now Day 8 of the TWW. It is the longest 2 weeks of my life, with so many things I could be doing, but instead spend hours obsessing over how much longer we have to wait!
    Anyhoo.. we live in Northern NSW, Lismore to be exact, and would love to get to know others on the same journey.

gx2 Guest

Wink hi

Hello
    I was introduced to these forums from a friend who reccomended I sign up!
    I am 27. my partner is 22, and we are hoping to start our journey to begin our family this year.
    Not sure which way we are going at this stage, ai, with a donor, or through a clinic, all i know is that i cant wait to begin!!

we are from newcastle, nsw.
    have 4 fur babies, and have been together 6 years

any other newcastle ss parents around?

Welcome Gx2!

This is such a great site for finding out useful information when TTC!

Good Luck with your TTC journey this year!

We are from Adelaide, but Newcastle is right up there with my most favourite places

Hey GX2,

We live in Great Lakes, but I work in Newie a few days a week. We're with Hunter IVF and just starting out on the IVF journey. I think there are a few gay parents in Newcastle and the Hunter - LOTL used to have ads for a social/support group for lesbian parents (or maybe it was through Rainbow Visions? can't remember).

Hunter IVF has a support group for "single" women (which apparently includes lesbians and their partners). We haven't been along to that yet, but plan to at some stage.

Good luck on starting your family!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast