Thread: Progesterone Pessaries...

Default Progesterone Pessaries...

Hey Everyone,

We haven't been on here in a REALLY long time so we would firstly like to wish a huge CONGRATULATIONS to all of the lovley new mums and mums-to-be.

We will be having our first FET next cycle (the later half of September) and have read that we will be given pessaries, these really don't sound very pleasant . We were just interested to know of anyone's experience of them and if they are really as bad as they sound.

We will do whatever it takes to help our little ones stick, hell, we would insert superglue if it would help! I think we will just try the pessaries first though...

Thanks all

I am currently using prog pessaries and am nearly 30 weeks although I have only been using them since conception. With DD I also used them from conception to 36 weeks as my body just doesn't make it's own prog in preg (not enough anyway) so without the pessaries I just couldn't have a bub! Anyway, they are nor really a problem at all. The only thing to keep in mind is that they can cause itching in some women which can be solved with inserting a Vit E tablet at the same time and alsom as the prog is encased in a waxy coating, that waxy coating has to go somewhere so you need to use some pantyliners. Otherwise for me, it is a tiny price to pay for a bub!

Thanks Katie for your reply. WOW, from conception till 36 weeks, that's a really long time to be using them. We have been told 2 weeks, and then for a further 10 weeks if successful .

They sound pretty icky and we have already stocked up on liners (i am the non-birth mother and i tend to be a bit OTT sometimes in my planning) I think the hardest part of the whole pessarie process is not so much the ick factor but the laying down for an hour after taking it, my partner starts work at 2am so will have to set an alarm for 12am for the pessarie to then get up at 1am to get ready for work. But like you said, it really is a small price to pay for such a wonderful gift.

And thanks for the tip, we might have to look into those Vitamin E tablets just in case.

Congratulations on your second pregnancy, hope the downhill stretch is a happy and healthy one.

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Hey girlies,
    I used pessies for the first 12 weeks, including the tww. (i am the tummy mummy)
    I found that it was earsier for me to use them just before I went to bed. That way I didn't have a problem with the "laying down for 1 hour" bit.

Also I would def recommend a panty liner and not moving around too much when going to bed. Was a bit uncomfy for me but well worth it

Goodluck girls and cant wait to hear your good news

xx
    B

Hi, I was told 15 mins was long enough to absorb the progesterone, check it out !!!apparently your body takes it up quickly???It seems to be okay for me,no problems last 2 pregnancies useing that technique.

Thanks Bee and Duckies for your tips!

We have the pessies every 12 hours so we have to have them before and after work to be able to lay down, if we have one before bed then the next one is smack bang in the middle of a shift !

AF is due this weekend so we will be starting this new cycle pretty soon , we will be sure to keep you up to date and hopefully we will have some excellent news to post

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Best of luck girlies
    Fingers crossed this is your month
    We will be thinking of you

xx
    B

Thanks Bee!

Congratulations ladies on your 6 year anniversary (we also reached the 6 year milestone this year), I see that you are more than halfway through your pg, do you know what the stork will be blessing you with or ?