Thread: starting out on the road to conception in nsw

Default starting out on the road to conception in nsw

Hi There

My partner and I are looking to conceive using an anonymous donor - which I think means we have to go through a clinic and use IUI.

We are probably not medically infertile (although my partner has polcystic ovaries).

I chatted to IVF Australia and it looks like we would be up for just about $2100 each time we inseminate ($1850 + $375 for the sperm). We wouldn't be able to get any rebate from medicare since we are not medicaly infertile.

Is this how much you normally have to pay per time that you try? I have only heard of IVF Australia and Fertility East (which seems to cost about the same per attempt).

Has anyone used any other clinics in NSW that are a bit cheaper?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

M

Hi,
    I can't help with advice on IVF and live in NZ, but my girlfriend and i have just conceived recently doing a DIY home insemination.
    So I just wanted to call by ad say hello and that I hope it all goes well for you.

Theres 2 great blogs I've been reading about lesbians who have been doing IVF, google 'Gay Fourth & multiply' and 'Rosie's growing snowpeas'. Worth reading!

All the best ad feel free to write if you want info on how we did it...obviously wasn't anonymous though!

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Hi There

My partner and I are looking to conceive using an anonymous donor - which I think means we have to go through a clinic and use IUI.

We are probably not medically infertile (although my partner has polcystic ovaries).

I chatted to IVF Australia and it looks like we would be up for just about $2100 each time we inseminate ($1850 + $375 for the sperm). We wouldn't be able to get any rebate from medicare since we are not medicaly infertile.

Is this how much you normally have to pay per time that you try? I have only heard of IVF Australia and Fertility East (which seems to cost about the same per attempt).

Has anyone used any other clinics in NSW that are a bit cheaper?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

M
    Hi M

My partner and I are also looking into artificial insemination and have looked at many clinics. IVF Australia seem like the best clinic to us, and as far as I can tell they are the cheapest.

I wish you luck

Lee