Thread: I think something is wrong :(

Default I think something is wrong :(

I am 6 days post op after having my gallbladder removed. Everything went well and up until yesterday afternoon I was feeling great and talking about returning to work. But yesterday afternoon I was sorting through dd old clothes, kneeling on the floor and I was a bit sore afterwards, but nothing major. Over the next couple of hours I started getting this sharp pain on my lower right side, kinds kidney area towards my back. The pain radiates right up my side and into my collarbone and shoulder at times. It hurts when I move the slightest movements. I had one minimal shoulder tip pain experience the day after the op and that was it, but this pain is different.
    So now I am stuck on the couch again just like I was straight out of hospital, unable to move Can anyone shed some light on this? Any similar experiences? I have a GP appointment this arvo, but I'm not confident with the doctor. Or any here for that matter.

Default Re: I think something is wrong :(

The Dr is the best bet for something like that. I hope you get a good answer this afternoon.

Definitely see your dr.

I'd give the hospital where you had your surgery a call. Good luck!

If you don't get any answers from your Dr, then call the hospital where you had your surgery, they will tell you if you should present to a hospital to get checked out, or they will call the surgeon to check! Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon xx

Thanks ladies. Doctor did a urine test and says it's a kidney infection Not related to the surgery, just bad timing. He gave me some antibiotics and said I should be better in a couple of days. He's also sending the urine sample off to be tested further just in case

So I'm just going to take it easy again. I'm bored out of my mind! Can't wait to get back to work.

I'm so glad it's nothing to do with your surgery. Fingers crossed you get better quickly. I know what you mean about being bored, I had a very long recovery after a surgery I had last year. I wasn't allowed to do anything for weeks on end and was climbing the walls with boredom.

Oh Tinks how awful! It really does suck.

I've been doing a bit of research on kidney infections and I don't seem to have any other symptoms of fit the criteria. So I;m a little confused. I didn't even know it was a type of UTI until just now. And I have no problems in that area. I have no fever or anything else. Just terrible flank pain. Hmmmmmm
    Damn dr google and too much spare time!