Thread: Living with someone who washes/showers once a year..

Default Living with someone who washes/showers once a year..

We have a boarder living with us and he never showers. He showered once, when he came here, just before Christmas 2014. It's only because I noticed he was sweating(when he arrived) and I just said,"Oh you can take a shower". He took a shower and that was it. No more since then. The room smells and so does he. My DH (who knows him well) said to him the other day, "You can have a shower, bathroom's free" He squirmed, screwed up his nose and said, "nawww".

We take it he doesn't like bathing/showering at all. He washed his clothes yesterday after a month. He wears longsleeve tops in the heat and smokes(outside).

He recently had a fungus infection on his toe and was applying cream. I nearly felt like saying"Take a shower".

Are we at risk of contracting any health issues? His skin is yellow/brown and he has stains on his feet.

He is looking at moving out in a month or so. I can't wait. I have scented candles everywhere trying to get rid of "Unwashed smell".

My DH(who knew his last room mate) told DH that he never had a wash/shower, so I am thinking this shower was probably the first in a year.

Thoughts. I am a little paranoid now about contracting something.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: Living with someone who washes/showers once a year..

Um I couldn't read and not say anything. I don't know the answer to your question but yuk just yuk....

I'd have probably asked him to leave by now. Good luck getting rid of the smell :/

Years ago my dad brought a mate home he hadn't seen in years & I'm pretty sure his shower habits were very much the same. Dad cut his hair & told him to shower. The putrid smell took up half our house for days after that one shower. It was 15 years or so ago & I will never forget it. Filth :/

Get your DH to tell him he needs to move out. Just say you need the room for something if you don't want to go into the whys. I couldn't live with someone who had a complete lack of personal hygiene.

Well done to you for holding out this long. I could not. I would tell him shower or move out now and tell him to wear rubber thongs in the shower and in the house so you don't get his yukky foot thing. Be honest with him. He needs to hear it.

He needs to be given by your DH a towel, bath mat, shampoo, soap and deodorant, toothbrush & paste and told to have a shower. No option, shower or straight out the door.
    Then a weekly shower, same options......shower or straight out the door

As it is you will have to chuck the bedding.