Thread: Painless sinus infection?

Question Painless sinus infection?

I have been sick for 2 weeks now, but I think it's turning into a sinus infection. I feel fine and have for days now except I am so blocked up and the amount of green snot I can blow within the hour is ridiculous. My ears feel like they need to pop too. But I have no pain and everything else seems to be fine. I have never had a sinus infection before so don't know what to look for. I have a GP app on Monday because it's driving me crazy. Does this sound like a sinus infection? I've never been sick with a cold for this long.

Default Re: Painless sinus infection?

Sounds like it could be hun. I find I usually get one after a cold or flu. I get incredibly stuffy and no matter how much I blow my nose, it just doesn't empty, haha. And it's thick green gross snot. I also get terrible headaches, and a sore forehead and just under my eyes too. You can get nasal spray from your chemist which I find provides enormous relief, but I need antibiotics to actually clear the infection. Hope you feel better soon Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Sounds like it could be hun. I find I usually get one after a cold or flu. I get incredibly stuffy and no matter how much I blow my nose, it just doesn't empty, haha. And it's thick green gross snot. I also get terrible headaches, and a sore forehead and just under my eyes too. You can get nasal spray from your chemist which I find provides enormous relief, but I need antibiotics to actually clear the infection. Hope you feel better soon Xo
    Yes, it's horrible thick, green gross snot Thanks, hopefully I'll get something on Monday.

Have you got any Fess nasal spray? I find that helps to clear things out so I don't get an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Frangipani Lou View Post
    Have you got any Fess nasal spray? I find that helps to clear things out so I don't get an infection.
    Yes i do, but it doesn't seem to work very well. I also have a nasal decongestant, it works wonders!

Tasha, instead of Fess try Sinoclear. It's a rinse not a spray so I think you might find it more effective. Hope you're starting to feel better

Oh this post is old! It was a sinus infection and I ended up getting AB's to clear it up

Bahaha, i saw the date said 30 & thought it was last week.