Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone check out this book...

How do you find the US site . When I looked up Amazon I could only find the AUST. site and they wanted to charge $6.50 p&h

Rosehannah, I'll try and send you a PM with the link

Thanks Roryrory, I got your PM and have placed an order, thanks for going out of your way to help

No probs! It is a really good book

I also found a book called "Unconditional Parenting - Moving from Reward and Punishment to Love and Reason". Looks good....

I have unconditional parenting! It's on loan, but I have it

So my Science of Parenting book arrived yesterday and a certain someone finally gave me 5 minutes this morning to have a look at it. I've only read the first chapter where it explains how the brain works so far, but I was amazed.

Without doing one of my usual book length replies... I went through some therapy to basically change my entire self a few years ago. Through this I realised a lot of things, especially in how I behaved with certain emotions / situations in relationships wasn't healthy for anyone involved. I've just spent this morning nodding along and thinking "omg yes, that's so true"... but not for Savannah, for ME! I don't want to be so harsh as to say my mum totally screwed me by my childhood, but damn the 1st chapter certainly rings true in so many ways for me.

Kelly, thankyou SO much for recommending this book to me, and I'm so glad this thread reminded me to go and actually get it. Now if someone would just stop head butting me I could read some more. I feel I have my justification for the way I will parent... and if people won't listen, it's pretty heavy, I'll just whack them with it!

Awesome read so far, highly recommend it for ANY parent, new or already experienced.

ok....now i'm even more spewing haydies Lol!

Haha sorry hun! Definitely keep searching though, well worth it!

yeah i will. we're driving up to sydney for xmas so i want to get it to read in the car. am going to borders next week to grab a copy. glad it comes so highly recommended from you guys.

Thanks for the tip, Roryrory, I just ordered it from Amazon for USD $29 incl. postage!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You are all welcome to support BellyBelly and buy it from our online shop! Supporting Australian made, a mum working from home (as opposed to a corporate with mass buying power!) and delivery in only a couple of days! Helps pay the BellyBelly bills to keep the site running! Life members get 5% discount on prices too!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

It's on sale on Amazon for US $16.50!! converted, that's only $18! Dunno what shipping is tho. Might see if there's any books DH is after and get them all at once.

Hi all, just a reminder from a library lover that you can get this book from your public library for FREE...! Here's a list of libraries that have it, if your library is not on this list, they can get it in for you on interlibrary loan for $13.20!!

ACT Library and Information Services (APLS) /649.1/SUND
    Bayside Library Service. Bayside Library Service (VBAY) held
    Blacktown City Council Libraries. Blacktown Library (NBLML) Held
    Brisbane City Council Libraries. BCC Library Service (QBCL) HELD
    Cairns Libraries. Cairns Libraries (QCCL) held
    Camden Council. Camden Council Library Service (NCAM) <70089>
    Canterbury City Council Libraries. Canterbury City Council Library Service (NCML) 649.1 SUN
    Central Highlands Regional Library Corporation. Ballarat Library (VBALL) NF
    Cessnock City Council. Cessnock City Library (NCES) Held
    City of Boroondara Library Service (VBOR) held <268298>
    City of Greater Dandenong Libraries. Springvale Library and Information Service (VDGV) 649.1 SUN
    City of Sydney Library (NSPL) HELD
    City of Yarra. Yarra Libraries (VYML) 816329
    Clarence Regional Library. Library Headquarters (NCLL) HELD
    Coffs Harbour City Library and Information Service. Coffs Harbour City Library and Information Centre (NCHC) HELD
    Corangamite Regional Library Corporation. Corangamite Regional Library Corporation Library (VCGL) held
    Eastern Regional Libraries Corporation. Eastern Regional Libraries Corporation (VEAR) held
    East Gippsland Shire Library. Bairnsdale Library (VEGS) 649.1 SUN
    Geelong Regional Library Corporation. Library Administration (VGEE) held
    Glen Eira Library and Information Service. Caulfield Library (VCAU) HELD
    Gosford City Council. Gosford City Library (NGCL) 649.1 SUND
    Hume Global Learning Village Library Service. Age Library (VHUM) 274580 649.1 SUN
    Hurstville City Council . Hurstville City Library (NHUR) /649.1/SUN
    Ipswich City Council. Ipswich Library and Information Service (QIPS) HELD
    Kingston Information and Library Service. Kingston Information & Library Service (VKING) 649.1 SUND
    Ku-ring-gai Municipal Council Libraries. Ku-ring-gai Library (NKML) 217224 649.1/SUND
    Lake Macquarie City Council. Lake Macquarie City Library (NLMPL) held
    Maitland City Council. Maitland City Library Service (NMCL) 649.1 Sun
    Maroochy Libraries (QMSL) held
    Maryborough Municipal Council. John Anderson Municipal Library (QMAR) held
    Melton Library and Information Service. Melton Library (VMLT) 274580 649.1 SUN
    Moonee Valley Library Service. Moonee Valley Library Service (VMVL) 649.1 SUN
    Moreland City Libraries. Coburg Library (VMOR) held
    Mornington Peninsula Library. Rosebud Library (VPEN) held
    Newcastle Region Libraries. Newcastle Region Library (NNPL) HELD
    North Central Goldfields Regional Library Corporation. Goldfields Library Corporation - Bendigo Library (VNCG) 649
    Randwick City Library & Information Service. Bowen Library Maroubra (NRAND) held
    Richmond-Tweed Regional Library. Library Headquarters (NRTW) 649.1 SUND
    Richmond - Upper Clarence Regional Library. Richmond-Upper Clarence Regional Library (NRUL) held
    Sunshine Coast Libraries Service (QCDRA) held
    Sutherland Shire Libraries. Central Library Sutherland (NSCL) 649.1SUN
    Thuringowa City Council. Thuringowa Central Library (QTCL) held
    Whitehorse Manningham Regional Library Corporation. Box Hill Library & Administrative Headquarters (VWMR) held
    Woollahra Library and Information Service. Double Bay Central Library (NWOOL) 649.1 SUN
    Yarra Plenty Regional Library Service (VHEI) HELD

New - it's down from $25. Used is from $12. and paperback is $15. So it's pretty cheap for a hardcover book!

But yeah - dunno what shipping is, mightn't be worth the trouble coz delivery is 1-3 weeks, so unless we buy other stuff at the same time, I might not get it from there.

Oh well haven't I just made this worse!!!
    Last edited by BellyBelly; February 17th, 2008 at 01:30 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

Aww it's not like that Kelly. I just wanted to see if it was still that price that Rory mentioned, coz when buying books online I try and get a few at a time, and DH likes to get the occassional book (and BB doesn't stock his kinda books ) and I was surprised to see it so cheap at the moment.

I'm just playing Sorry I am very tired and delerious :P
    Kelly xx

Sent you an email Kell

FWIW the book is great and well worth whatever you pay for it (within reason). It's a lovely, well laid out hardcover book (the $45 rrp one) and a great addition to your parenting library. You can read it on many levels... there's nice easy to read overviews and more indepth sections that outline things in more detail such and what pro-longed crying does to your child's brain chemistry. A fascinating read!

ETA: LOL does that mean I have a chance of winning that SCrab game then Kell! LOL :P (given your state of tiredness) hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast