Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What presents are you making for Christmas?

Default What presents are you making for Christmas?

Strawberry vanilla vodka??
    Sounds yummy.

Has anyone made those coffee mugs where u draw on them with a sharpie??? Experiences? I can't get it right!

I've heard of it but not done it. What's going wrong?

I just wrote a blog about this last night! I adore christmas, and this year I am planning on making a few things-

Some playdough, photo 'I spy' book/game, slime, magnet face makers, finger puppets, finger paints and cloud dough for my friends' kids.

A framed photo of our family, and poem for DH

Photo hanger thingo for mum.

Plus some food of various descriptions for my firends!

I'm hoping i'm not being overly enthusiastic!

Well, here sit my strawberry vodkas, looking lovely and christmassy (if I do say so myself)
    Citrus is currently in the air dryer, which will take around 12 hours, and then I can put together the potpourri.
    Feeling quite proud of myself. I usually start with the best of intentions but never follow through.
    I think there still might be fudge in the freezer from the chocolates I was going to make last year

I have just cooked some passion fruit melting moments, starry short bread biscuits, chocolate christmas bark, sweet and spicy mixed nuts and candy cane hearts for my kids day care teachers.
    I am hoping to get the rest done over the next few days....

I gave DDs creche and kinder teachers some bake your own cookies in a jar. I usually just buy things but decided to give a handmade gift a go. I wish I could sew as I would love to make the girls some clothes and toys etc...

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i think i burnt out, making things for bilby's birthday (mid Nov), so me making presents for xmas, it's not happening. Didn't make a teacher's gift either, so much energy went on birthday, you'd think having 6 weeks between them, would be enough, but no. I didn't bank on making a xmas outfit, birthday presents for another few kids at school. Oh and making the Advent Calendar banner - that took alot of energy and time. My forward planning needs to improve - make stuff (presents) during the year, then keep it somewhere safe until xmas. i need to know something about teh person too, i knew nothing about the teacher's likes and dislikes, so didn't feel inspired.

The Wonder Woman costume bilby wants me to make her (discrete hints have been dropped), is too big a project to make in a week - haven't sourced a pattern yet anyhoo, still haven't sourced the fabric for the puppet theatre - and sewing lessons are stopped until Feb. Trying to "let it go" and not feel guilty/bad.

Last few weeks of school, so many days off by bilby, that didn't help either. At least we did some xmas craft (paper chains etc), something i do feel good about (conquering my fears).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12