Thread: Gluten Free Cake Recipe - Please!

Default Gluten Free Cake Recipe - Please!

I am after a moist yummy gluten free cake recipe (that I can make cupcakes out of). There are 4 gluten intolerent people coming to Olivia's birthday and I don't want them to miss out on cake.

Alicia, I posted a thread recently asking about gluten free, it's here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/chil...ree-cakes.html

I found the Basco packet mix at woolies.
    HTH

Nic

There is a type of cake that is made with almond flour (ground almonds - no gluten at all), but I cant remember the name of that type of cake (dh might, I`ll post later if he can remember). Its very moist and rich chocolate cake and YUM!
    It may traditionally be greek?? Not sure - have a google or maybe someone else will know what I`m talking about. Only problem would be if they had a nut allergy

ETA - I just did agoogle of 'chocolate cake almond flour' and although couldnt find the name of the specific cake I mean, there are heaps of recipes for cakes made with almond and chocolate minus the gluten flour.
    Last edited by Salsa; November 19th, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks for the help. I've decided to try a packet mix from the supermarket to be safe :-)

I use a gluten free self raising flour you can get from the health food section and just use my normal recipe. It doesn't taste as nice & needs help with texture issues.... i.e. it needs something like cream/sour cream/ in our case we use sweet potato... because otherwise its just grainey if that helps...

Good luck!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

I use the Naturya Woolies Brand the Lemon Cake they have all sorts of choices but the lemon one is so moist, I put the mixture into muffin trays. It also comes with the gluten free icing, i make it all the time and for people who dont know its gluten free say.. oh this is lovely.. SUCKERS.. i never tell them its gluten free.. haha