Thread: Gluten free recipies please

Default Gluten free recipies please

Howdy just been diagnosed with coeliacs disease and need to be gluten free for life. Does anyone have some lovely food recipes? Would be ever grateful for some tips and ideas?

Hi caddie, there are lots of great gluten free recipe books out there - Freedom Foods who create alot of gluten free products have put one out which has lots of 'everyday' recipes and they're easy - you can purchse the book off their website or from book stores.
    Also check out the health food section at the supermarket too - so many new products coming out every day and they're finally yum and taste normal!!

i have a few as my mum is gluten free and i was for a while, here goes

moist chocolate cake

1 cup(170g) rice flour
    1/2 cup(75g) GF corn flour - available safeway
    1/2 cup (90g) potato flour
    2/3 cup (70g) coccoa
    2 tsp GF baking powder
    1tsp bicarb soda
    1tsp xanthan gum
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 cups (330g) sugar
    50g butter malted
    200g GF vanilla yoghurt
    2/3 (165ml) reduced fat milk
    1tsp vanilla essence

Mothed
    preheat ove to 170C
    grease a 23cm springform cake pan
    sift flours, coccoa, baking powder, bacarb soda and xantham gum THREE times into a large mixing bowl.
    in a medium bowl mix egge and sugar until thick and foamy.
    add malted butter, youghurt milk and vanilla essence into egge mixture,stir unitl combined.
    pour this into the sifted flours.
    beat with electric mixer for 2-3 mins. pour batter into greased pan and bake in preheated ovenfor 30-35 mions or until firm to the touch.
    allow to stand for 5 mins, then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.

hope you like it

this one is amazing!!!!
    Baked Cherry Pudding

125g butter
    1 cuo (170g) rice flour
    1/2 cup (75g) gf corn flour
    1/2 cup (90g) potato flour
    1tsp bicarb soda
    2tsp GF baking sods
    1tsp xantham gum.
    3/4 cup (165ml) reduced fat milk
    1 cup (220g)sugar
    1 egg
    1tsp vanila essence
    410g can pitted cherried, drained
    1/2 cup liquid reserved
    1/4 cup (55g) sugar extra

preheat oven to 160C
    grease 15x15am bakin tin/dish
    melt butter and pour into base of bakin dish.
    sift dry ingredientd THREE times.
    add sugear, egg, milk and vanilla essence into dry ingredients.
    use electric beaters to mix well.
    pour over malted butter - do not mix.
    pour cherries and reserved liquid over the flour mixture - do not mix
    sprinkle extra sugar over and bake for 50 mins or until cooked.
    if making individual puddings, bake for 20-25 mins.
    let stand 5 mins before serving.

this is so yummy when you serve with unwipped cream just trickled over whist hot or can be eaten cold too. my inlaws actually loved this and they hate gf foods!!!

i have found there are a few good books out there, bought some for my mum, also, theres tons of food in the healthfood isle insafeway. Orgran foods can sometimes not be so nise but freedom foods are the nicest. even their immo tim tams are soooo goood!!!! oh and when you can get them at coles, freedom foods potato chips are fantastic!! but they are not always on shelf so when you see them buy a few!!

GF pasta is as good as normal pasta too, my hubby even eats it and if you dont tell ppl they dont know the difference!!!

how long since you have been diagnosed? ahev you been lookig for foods? read labels carefully, youd be surprised what everyday foods are gluten free, like fruche!!

Thanks lisa i will print these out! I have been diagnosed for 3 days so far!!! All i seem to be doing is reading up on this disease!

when i was ill i found it hard at first but really if you read packets of the food you buy youll find that you can still have some of your favs!!
    liks dons ham, if you read bottom right hand corner, their ham and hot dogs are gluten free. and my mum has put me onto these little chocolate puddings that are gf, i can eat wheat again but istill eat them!!!
    good luck, but be careful witht he gf bread some is noce, but you generally have to freeze it and thaw when you want to eat it - thats what i had the most issues with, but you can get flavoured corn cakes to have sandwiches in.
    oh, and check out muffin break, they do fantastic sweet and savoury gf muffins!!!
    i dont know if it wil effect you, but white sugar makes soem coeliac ppl sick, so maybe go onto raw!! and remamber to get all your vitamins!!!