Thread: Bits N Pieces Craft Challenge?

Wink Bits N Pieces Craft Challenge?

I would like to think i am a 'crafty' person but i never seem to get the time to sit down and do anything even with all these ideas running through my head.

I have a drawer FULL of craft stuff, buttons, ribbon, paper, scrapbooking stuff, stickers, glitter and anything else you can imagine and i just NEVER use it....

SOOOO let's set ourselves a little challenge, lets use things we have around the house and make something.

I've been wanting to make the girls a hairclip holder for AGES, was going to buy fabric etc and do it but i realised i have LOTS of bits n pieces of ribbon, i have some small canvases in the spare room an i have paint...

So today i started, it's not looking as good as i would like it BUT i am giving it a go, it can be a practice one before i try making a 'proper' one.

My girls have LOTS of pretty clips so these small ones just wont cut it but maybe just maybe i can make a nice one to give as a gift or i can get them just right before i make a nice big one for them to share... maybe to hang as a feature in their rooms or the bathroom?

So set yourself a challenge to answer these questions:
    What will you make:
    How did you Make it:
    Did it turn out as well as you'd hoped:

What will you make: Rice Shaker
    How did you Make it:
    You will Need: 1 x pop top, rice & food coloring.
    Using 4 separate bowls put rice in each, add a different food coloring to each bowl, mix well.
    Spread rice onto a lined baking tray and put in a hot oven for 2min, allow to cool.
    While this is being done glue shut the pop top popper and allow to dry.
    Pour colored rice INTO pop top, removing any labels.
    Glue on the lid.
    You can always add glitter, or small figurines for the kids to try and 'find'

Did it turn out as well as you'd hoped: It looks great, DD2 is loving playing with it

Sort of bits and pieces but my sewing to do's are Santa sacks for the kids!!!!

Mine is a little babushka doll design that has been going round in my head for months now..... I did a 'practice one' and parts of it turned out well, the overall size needs to be bigger. The face and stomach (hand embroidered) look great but the doll itself was too small and didn't have big enough seam allowances so I will have to start again... it took me ages to get around to doing that one, so hopefully I can get some motivation together to try again. I'm sure if I get the measurements right it will look really cute.

Nice work girls... i will work more on my clip holder tomorrow...

Mine is a bit different. Last year my nan taught me how to scrapbook and we had a ball doing it. When she passed away in Feb, I inherited her scrapbooking gear, and there is an absolute tonne of it. I managed to put it away, but I can't bring myself to use it or do any scrapbooking. Last time I opened one of the drawers looking for sticky tape I ended up a blubbering mess. And she would hate that.

So my craft challenge is to print off some photos of my DD for inspiration to get going again and use her beautiful things for their purpose. Tomorrow maybe...

Aww i really wanna learn to scrap book properly... maybe one day you can bring M out for a drive and a play and we can scrap book together.

I will ZF and with all your photos, it would be a wonderful scrapbook

Quote Originally Posted by PacRakMG View Post
    I will ZF and with all your photos, it would be a wonderful scrapbook
    i know i am out of control right...
    Poor Z thought i have NONE printed of her, really should get onto that.

What will you make: Hair Clip / Accessory Holder
    You Will Need:
    1 x canvas
    paint or fabric to cover canvas
    Ribbon
    Embellishments
    Glue

How:
    Paint canvas, this is to be used as a 'base' for your holder it can be plain with embellishments or you can cover in a gorgeous fabric and use this as the stand out.
    I painted mine with purple and pink swirls.
    Glue strips of ribbon equal lengths apart to canvas
    Place embellishments on canvas to make it 'pop'

I added an accessories holder on the base of mine, loop 2 seperate pieces of ribbon and glue at side of the bottom of the canvas, thread a piece of dowel through loops and hang earrings, bracelets or hair-ties from this.

Did it turn out as well as you'd hoped: It looks ok, not perfect but it will do as a practice one and it WAS made out of things i already had at home, imagine the things you could do if you actually had a plan!

PIC HERE

Next week i am going to start a new hair clip holder for our nieces birthday.

It will have a dark purple background, and i will use white, pink & purple ribbons.
    I will paint the letters of her name WHITE and then find some pink or purple stick on diamontes to give it a bit of pizzaz.. THEN i will find some butterfly embellishments to go beside the letters.

Instead of having the ribbon right right down the canvas i am going to have her name at the top with a dividing piece of ribbon like DD's BUT will run the ribbon DOWN from that dividing piece so only her name and the embellishments are at the top.

This will be on a bigger canvas, allowing a better gap to fit the clips and possibly having 4-5 lengths of ribbon.

I will do the loops and the bangle holder at the bottom again!

WISH ME LUCK...

Had to change my design as could not find the SMALL letters i needed to spell out her name so HERE is a sneak peek at how it's going so far!

I am fixing the finger print form DD1 on the background and doing a light purple glitter over the white on the E... also adding a hair tie holder.