Thread: Digital Prints - Where do you get yours done?

Question Digital Prints - Where do you get yours done?

I have hundreds and hundreds of photo's I want to get printed in 6x4 size for photo albums. I recently went to Big W and had a few printed up and they were terrible quality!

I'm aware of Snapfish online but they want a ridiculous amount for postage, so was thinking of trying Harvey Norman or something which got me wondering where people have found to be good?

So where do you have yours printed and how much do you pay per 6x4 (ie. 10c, 15c etc)

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Yep harvey norman and they are 9c? We did our honeymoon pics there and they are good quality for what we paid. We are getting our wedding snappies done by the photographer even for our little album because the quality is so much better but the price is lots! $3 per print!
    Last edited by Joeve; October 8th, 2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling

I got my Thailand holiday pics done at ****Smith, I cropped and edited them before going down and the computer/printer cropped too far on many of them

With the 5c sale on recently and the subsquent 9c sale at Harvey's, Ladies from work have been going down in their lunch breaks. I think the last lot was over 800 photos for $60 They have all been happy with their pics.

I have yet to try Snapfish.

snapfish is good, and I think you get the first 20 free?

There is a pickup option on snapfish too. I have canvases from them andp
    prints too. They're great!!

I like using snapfish. I find that Harvey Norman's and Officeworks the pics came out a little dark

we've got ours at big w for years, and always been really happy with the quality and the price ... were all the pics bad?

Thanks for all your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaBear View Post
    There is a pickup option on snapfish too. I have canvases from them andp
    prints too. They're great!!
    I was a bit confused with the pickup option though, it said that Kmart may charge a fee for pick up, then when I clicked on "how much" it reckoned they charge 15c per print to pick it up. I don't know if that's on top of the 9c print or what?! A little confused which is why I gave up. I've already uploaded photo's onto Snapfish but they wanted $15 postage for 200 photos which doubled the price!

Quote Originally Posted by peanutter View Post
    we've got ours at big w for years, and always been really happy with the quality and the price ... were all the pics bad?
    Yeah, I had some gorgeous pics of DD and her big bright blue eyes printed out black and the pics were dull, no idea why! I had them reprinted at an expensive print shop in the city and came out perfect, but they want 50c per photo so I can't afford to get them to do my bulk lots.

I always use big w our harvey here blurs the prints adn pixilates them every time

maybe Big W printer at the time needed new ink, did you take them back and complain.
    i always check my print at the desk to make sure they are ok..

I always use Harvey Norman because they print on Fuji paper - we were always told when I was studying photography (film) that fuji was the best for colour quality and fastness. I have always been really happy with the quality. They have a 9c per print photo special on at the moment, normally they are about 15c each but well worth the extra $$$ IMO.