Thread: Domino runs

Default Domino runs

Some of the best moments of my childhood were spent in the school library at lunch time where they had a mega collection of dominoes. This meant epic domino runs (well, as much as you could set up in about half an hour).

I would love to set some up with the kids. Are there any tips or tricks to it? And how do you amass enough dominoes to make it really worthwhile?

Default Re: Domino runs

Supposing that you have enough dominos for a long enough 'chain reaction', perhaps you can do sections at a time (gaps here and there) rather than a continuos build of dominos, that way if you accidentally know one over it wont knock down the whole thing.

Cheap shops. Reject shops etc. pick them up cheap.

Do as was mentioned above. Small sections and then add joiner ones. Just in case.

I loved dominoes when I was a kid! My Nana & Grandad had the domino sets so it was something we always did at their place, and it'd be me, my brother and Dad making them so they got pretty huge and complex!

We always left gaps through it so if a part got knocked down it wasn't too much. My favourite part was the steps, up one side, over a bridge and down the other, the bridge had a tunnel so they could go under too. Because there were three of us doing it, we'd do the start together then branch it off into three separate ones for each of us, and come back together at the end.

Might have to get some for DD for her 3rd birthday I reckon!

I have never done it with my kids but used to love them when I was young. We had specific set of dominoes for it, I remember it being advertised on tv in the 80's.

I just checked ebay, you can get a box of 100 wooden coloured dominoes for under $10.

I have never done it with my kids but used to love them when I was young. We had specific set of dominoes for it, I remember it being advertised on tv in the 80's.

I just checked ebay, you can get a box of 100 wooden coloured dominoes for under $10.

I purchased a run for my girls for christmas!!