Thread: Fishing

Default Fishing

Was wondering if any other BB'ers love fishing?
    I've fished since i was little, both sides of my family love it and i am lucky enough to have found DP who also enjoys it.

We go every year to the Murray in search of that elusive giant Murray Cod, i haven't really been much since we've had the girls but DD1 has recently been looking at photos of us fishing and DP mentioned one day we should all go.
    So she got money for Christmas and she picked out her very own fishing rod.

She's 2 and we by no means expect she's going to happily sit and fish for hours on end or even get the gist of HOW to fish but she seems VERY interested, she's been digging for worms and been getting her rod and walking to the door and saying "i go fishing with daddy".

So today I have rigged her rod and we will take her down to the creek, DP was going to go as far as buying a fish (dead) and when she's not looking hooking it to her rod and helping her reel it in
    She fell asleep in the car on him though thank god so no dead fish being lugged around to use as a fake.

so do you love it, where do you go and what do you like to catch?

I used to love Eden and catching whiting, nan says there are not as many there now but would love to take the girls for a driving holiday up there and relive my childhood
    DP's nan would love to see the girls going there, she holidayed there for years too

I Married a fisher so now I fish he has got DD1 her 1st rod (she is turning 3 in jan) cant wait for her to use it

Funny. We're at the holiday house and I was just standing on the balcony watching DH down at the jetty with DD7 and DS5 trying to catch some flathead.

Mmmm... yummy!

we love fishing, DD1 just got ehr own rod. she loves it

we go the dams up here fishing for barra.
    i was always a beach/ wall fisher so his dam stuff is all new to me lol

I like to fish from a boat. Fishing from a pier...meh.

DH loves to fish but is bad at it. He's so impatient. He hates it that I can catch things! We went out once off Mornington with his dad and his brother. They'd leave their rods in for about three and a half seconds before pulling it in to check, where I'll just leave mine in. I caught I snapper, a flathead and a leather jacket....they caught nothing. When I pulled in the leather jacket, DH's dad said to me "Any other species you want to aim for?" By the end of the boat ride, they'd caught nothing but bad tempers!!!!!

MY DH LOVESSS DID I SAY LOVESSSSS Fishing.
    Goes at least once a week (self employed) lucky guy and hunts for the family lol!
    When we were 'courting' I would also go with him but he can always find a friend or 2 who's up for a fish in the boat.
    Our DS is only 19 months but am sure he can't wait to go fishing with his daddy.
    I think Fishing is one of those sports that you really can enjoy with the family and has a nice relaxed feel about it....ohhhh when the fish are biting anyway...hehhe.

I love fishing although haven't been in the past yr.
    Fave spots are kilcunda, punchbowl both near Phillip island. I also love fishing at Wilsons Prom , plenty of flatties there and Australian Salmon off picnic point

I LOVE fishing!!!!
    Dont do it nearly as often as i would love =(
    any kind of fishing i love!! mainly done jetty stuff, but been fishing in boats on st. georges basin with my family and more recently on the murrey river with dh his best man and wife on their boat.

oh man i love it!!!! ...we just never go =(

DH is a super keen fisherman and the boys love it too. We were fishing New Years Eve and DS15 caught 3 fish, he was so happy.
    DH likes to catch octopus, years ago he came back with a massive one still alive in a bucket, freaks me out a bit lol.

Regards,
    Dianne

YAY i'm not the only one.. DD1 LOVED it today although we didn't catch anything.
    We have a boat but we use DP's uncle's flat bottom for the murray, it's great, we used to spend a week up there after x-mas 40 degree days just floating down the river fishing for hours and hours.

Also used to go to welshpool with my dad, sleep overnight on the boat, once we took 2 boats, i was about 13 dad and a mate with me on our boat and 2 mates on another boat.. i caught 3 weighable fish for the fishing club b/w 4 adult men they got ONE

Ahh yep i was in an angling club LOVE LOVE LOVE IT... i think i was born with a rod in hand, dad used to carry me in a baby carrier when i was like months old while he fished

DH loves it. I prefer magnetic fishing with Liebs. We do that when Daddy goes fishing, then text him. "Liebs caught three fish, a seahorse, a starfish and an urchin. How are you getting on?" He got annoyed the first time I did that as he caught nothing, then realised it was only magnetic fishing so relaxed. He took up fishing again when Liebs was newborn as a way of getting away from family when he wasn't at work (he denies that is the reason).

I don't mind him fishing and bringing home food, but doing it all weekend and throwing the fish back... make yourself useful, why don't you? Liebs still hasn't gone real fishing as he just can't sit still for ten minutes - and I will only go to supervise in the warm months. When he can sit still, I will still go - but with a comfortable chair and a book and NO childcare responsibilities!

You know the funny thing, I DON'T EAT FISH, i used to as a kid but only when my pop cooked it, once he died i stopped.. can't stand it.

We keep the big Cod when we catch them and always give a feed of fish to aunts etc if we do any good but DP will be cooking fish for the girls and himself to eat.

I wish we could go again today, take the porta cot and let the girls kick back

DS15 went fishing this afternoon with his mate and just came home with his first good size fish, a snapper 55cm. Should see how excited he is. DH is cleaning it now.

Regards,
    Dianne

We took the girls camping and fishing for a weekend before Easter then for 2 weeks at Easter.
    DD1 caught 12 (yes 12) fish in 2 weeks at Easter most were hooked by me but she reeled them in then she caught I big carp all on her own, hooked, reeled it and everything, I have pics on my fb.

She actually asks to go now

Sent from my iPhone, more than likely while I should be doing something else!

DD1 is very excited her picture & letter were published in the North East Angler... If anyone gets it check out page 79

Taking them to their first cod opening this year too

Lol that's great, ZF!

We're hoping to fish this weekend, just lakeside. I'm anticipating that we'll catch nada!

Default Re: Fishing

Wow we've come a long way since then... DD1 (7) now not only catches her own fish but she can cast her rod, identify the fish (those we know and catch often) and holds them.
    She's asked to learn to bait her own hook since she was about 4 but we are still cautious on that front.
    DD2 loves fishing but can barely sit still, she is more than happy to run around and then just take her rid when a fish is hooked.
    Even with a broken arm she caught a 33cm flathead last weekend!