Thread: Folk art paint - where to buy?

Default Folk art paint - where to buy?

Hoping I can get some assistance from some of the lovely crafty mummas here.

I'm looking for some acrylic folk art paint. There's a brand I bought in the past - Plaid - which comes in small bottles. It paints on really nicely, good coverage, and it has lasted really well. You used to be able to get it in lots of places - Spottys, lincraft, bunnings - but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Is anyone familiar with this product and can you suggest where I might find it?

Otherwise, I'd be happy to take suggestions on other brands that you've used that are good, and where you get them. Prefer not to try to buy online because it's so hard to tell what the colour is actually going to be.

Default Folk art paint - where to buy?

Haven't looked but have you tried Riot Art? Also Zart Art is in Kew I think( I think you are in Melvourne?!?)

SA, not Melbs. Will check in Riot Art, I've been to the local one before & they seemed to concentrate most on paper/canvas type art supplies.

Usually I get some from spotlight (which I think you mentioned), otherwise $2 shops sometimes stock them. I use the same brand as you mentioned, I've tried Kaisercraft paint when in a bind and I wouldn't bother again. Very thin and hard to work with. Otherwise you could try Jo Sonja's brand, though it can be a little pricey. Its better quality than the Plaid and lasts quite a while too.