Thread: Jewellery Makers ???

Default Jewellery Makers ???

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if there are many out there that make jewellery. I am wondering if its possible to buy some sort of silk thread like used in those amber teething necklaces, in an orange colour, and if so what ply or thickness should it be to hold natural gemstone beads?

ANY suggestions welcomed.

many thanks x x x

Nae x

Hey, I am trying my hand at making a nursing necklace. I did some research and have chosen hemp thread, its the strongest natural thread you can buy.
    I got my supplies from abeadstore.com , took about a week for postage from the USA, very happy with product, also got the gemstones there too.

BBB - do you know if you can buy it coloured? I kinda need it to be orange for a special reason LOL will have a looksee at their beads, after some pretty specific ones hopefully they'll have them LOL

The hemp comes in coloured packs, you get 12.8 metres of each colour, and 4 colours to a pack.
    The Bronze colour pack probably has your closest colour to orange in it IMO.
    The below link has all the hemp and satin cord they sell:
    Cord Products - Polyester Cord for Jewelry Making in Custom Lengths from abeadstore.com

I use BeadCord which is Griffin brand, it is 100% silk and comes in a large variety of colours. I have used No.3 which is .50mm as I was using it with pearls, but I also used it to re-string ds amber teething necklace. What sort of beads are you wanting to string? Its a bit hard without knowing what size/weight of beads.. I think they go up to a No. 16 for heavier beads. There are lots of options for stringing, just really depends what sort of look you are after! More than happy to give you some options / websites.

Mto1 - I am not sure of the bead size as it will largely be determined by the number of women who are coming to my besties baby shower. which I know will make it hard, it also depends on what stones I can find in smooth rounded shapes but here is the list of what I am hoping, I know some on here may be spelt incorrectly and some may be very very diffificult to find in what I am looking for ....

List – Moonstone, Rose Quartz, Unakite, Pyrite, Fluorite (yellow), Howlite, Rhodonite, Black Tourmaline, Amethyst, Moonstone, Nephrite Jade, Howlite, Amazonite, Azurite Basalt, Chrysocolla, Diopside, Hematite, Fluorite, Turquoise, Peridot, Jaspers, Lepidolite, Boulder opal, Mangano Calcite, Kunzite, Aragonite, Barite, Calcite, Chalcedony, Crocoite, Rhodochrosite, Sagenite, Botryogen, Dyscrasite, Microcline, Danburite

The string MUST be orange though because of the colour association with Archangel Gabriel.

I know the post is getting weirder but I have a specific purpose atm LOL

Nae x