Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego / Mega Bloks Lovers

So I might have just bought some stuff. Lego & Duplo. Well I was planning to anyway but this thread just made me go do it now instead of "one day sometime in the far distant future because I'm far too busy to get to a shop".

I got DS a lego city advent calendar. What's the bet he loses patience with it.

Just found out that our local shopping centre has a Lego and Duplo play area set up for the school hols - guess where we're going?!

I get the kids advent calendars every year (lego ones I mean).
    My 30yo brother was too embarrassed to tell his girlfriend he wanted an R2D2 set for Christmas last year, so I told her. lol he rang me every 2 hours for days to tell me how it was going.

I get the kids advent calendars every year (lego ones I mean).
    My 30yo brother was too embarrassed to tell his girlfriend he wanted an R2D2 set for Christmas last year, so I told her. lol he rang me every 2 hours for days to tell me how it was going.

Lego is a pretty good investment I reckon - you only have to check out the second hand prices to see that even after years of playing with it you still can get money back if you should choose to sell it. Or turn it into a family heirloom which is what I am doing - my kids have mine, I hope they will continue to pass it on - (I don't do rings, jewelry etc so Lego will be my substitute :-)).
    If we ever get out of this flat, I am going to go crazy on second hand lego, and next time we go to Europe am planning on going to original Legoland in Denmark.

You know the center in Docklands does Lego parties - maybe for those in Melbourne we should have a BB Lego party as a future get together - so we can all indulge our Lego love. (I think they have a sister center in Brisbane). Inside the Brick - do parties too.

Ooooooh lego get together. Hmmm Melbourne isn't that far...

Our local kmart has the friends stuff hidden in the "girl" aisle. I've never seen what they have as dd goes straight past thise aisles towards the car and lego aisles. Big w has the friends stuff in the girls aisle but it's a major feature onto a central aisle and has an end display. It's probably better promoted than the "normal" lego!

The guy at the lego shop said he was sceptical about a range promoted towards girls but it has been hugely popular. And not just with girls. The boys have been snapping up the little sets with animals and things in them. Yes, some pieces have pink or purple in them, but not all of them. He even spoke about someone buying the dolphin cruiser and then getting the "too girl colors" and replacing them with more masculine pieces they already had.

Going in tomorrow to layby the advent calendar for dd. And one for her little friend (his mum is scared to go into the shop. Her credit card won't like it lol so she asked me to layby the Star Wars ine for her son). ZF - do you want me to layby two for the girls too?

I better not... Lol, I'd contemplate them sharing 1, not sure DP would agree to 1 each... Actually not sure he'd agree to $40 for an advent

It's $40 for lego. The fact it's an advent calendar is a bonus... Lol

True, will talk to him

Dh really wants the mine. Really really. I suspect he will get the mine for Christmas...

Nice... Lucky him

I'd prefer he liked something different. Like the police station. Or the creator plane. Something we might both be interested in... I mean. ALL of us may be interested in lol

I can see it now. Heartlake city set up with all the friends stuff. City police and firefighters. A few normal houses.... And then a damn strip mine!

I suspect our lounge is going to be taken over with lego after Christmas...

DD1 just realised if she gets birthday money she can buy more lego, MIL gives her $100 so I'm seeing the dolphin cruiser in the bear future

Seems a beautiful, gorgeous & long time friend is sending DD a lego set for her birthday too... Wonder which one it will be

I just googled the dolphin cruiser because I hadn't seen it......oh my!!!!!!

Sorry PRMG
    I sooooooooo hope she picks that with her birthday money!

I just can't get over the detail of things now. We have the cafe - complete with tiny cupcakes, an ice cream machine and a hamburger! Based on that, I can only imagine the detail in the boat!

I know it's amazing, even the little animals sets, how they design them all... Crazy!

Dolphin cruiser is awesome. Has things on the bottom so it slides on carpet more easily. Dd loves it. Often has heaps of people below deck. Don't know if I want to know what shenanigans they're getting up to! Lol

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast