Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #2...

My girls love both so I'm lucky

Kinda lego aside but keep going with the there's no girls and boys toys, girls and boys colours, they learn the most from you.
    I thought I was beaten by school but recently I've overheard both my 7yo DD1 and 4yo DS tell other kids that there are no such things as girl/boy toys/colours after they belittled another kid.
    We keeps our Friends separate but only because of the unique pieces. All 3 of mine play with all types.

Kinda lego aside but keep going with the there's no girls and boys toys, girls and boys colours, they learn the most from you.
    I thought I was beaten by school but recently I've overheard both my 7yo DD1 and 4yo DS tell other kids that there are no such things as girl/boy toys/colours after they belittled another kid.
    We keeps our Friends separate but only because of the unique pieces. All 3 of mine play with all types.

Woolies has systema half price ATM if anyone needs any storage The large containers fit perfectly in DS's underbed drawers so I picked up a few today.

Thanks Rowellen - will need a few more for all the Xmas Lego

DS got out his Duplo today for the first time since he's had Lego - made all the things on the box then asked for instructions to make more...then asked why there weren't all the special shaped bits like in his Lego!

Those containers are awesome - they stack really well - going to have to grab some more for us
    With our big sets (boat, houses etc) we put the teeny bits in a small container inside the bigger container - makes building easier!

Soooo we may have bought 3 sets today
    City pool, foal set & karate

We got a lego head last week too! It's cute!

I almost went back for the lego head zf! Was so tempted! But I decided to stick with the clip lock containers lol

I'm going to get the pool set tomorrow ZF! I hope they haven't sold out. I really really want stephanies soccer practice too. I really need to stop buying girl stuff though because DD is much too young for it and DS isn't interested

The pool is very cute, fidgety but cute

Got to work out what I'm getting then for x-mas, really need to find the fire station & rescue ships then possibly 1 smaller 1 each & then get other people to buy off their list

I think I saw the fire station at kmart last week. Good idea getting other people to buy for them!

Woohoo got the pool set. And an Iron Man set for DS lol. I also bought myself some clothes. I know unrelated but I think that's a great effort for a work lunch break shopping trip lol.

So, we might have been into the Lego shop yesterday. And he might be a really awesome guy who thought he'd show me what we have to save up for. And I might have told him I hate him! Omg!

Merida (from Brave) and (I think) a building of sorts. Rapunzel and her tower. Cinderella and her castle (OMG!). Two Ariel sets

And then the fiends stuff. Some awesome stuff in there. I am gonna be perpetually broke!!! The first lot of animal stuff (the $5 sets) are due out on jan. The tiger is so damn cute! I want it NOW!

I've also seen the Lego movie sets online. Interesting stuff. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Looks like a lot of the humor is aimed at adults. But cos its Lego, kids will enjoy it too. The trailers have dd enthralled. Hoping to have a copy of it in time for dds party next year. If the weather turns to crap, or people stay later (not looking at anyone in particular, ZF!) it would be good to have it on to put on

Oh and we may have a new city truck today. I didn't go to buy the truck, honest! I went to get my nephews Christmas present! It just happened that the truck was there and dh said "why not?" Hiw do I argue with that??

Lots to look forward to BG! What are the lego movies you are talking about? I got DD the Lego friends "new girl in town" dvd the other day. Are they similar to that?

I'm going to have to find out about this tiger set BG! I have managed to pick up all the series 1, 2 & 3 animal sets. I reckon DD will love them.

Here is a pic of DS's latest reward. It was a hit! Police helicopter mini set that I got off ebay. It's one of the one's in a bag but quite a lot of pieces & worth it. DD has been playing with it (breaking it!) and DS has just spotted it. Gotta go lol.

There is an actual Lego movie coming out. It looks awesome. Is coming to cinemas in April over here. There are a couple of trailers available. I'll try and find one later and share the link.

There are two friends movies (new girl in town and Stephanie's surprise party) and a third next month (to do with the dolphins cruiser).

OMG just googled the lego movie trailer & I was literally LOL! It looks hilarious. I reckon I'll be going to that one! And DS will love it because it has BATMAN in it.

I'm tempted to open up the movie I got for DD. I was going to give it to her for xmas. She won't care if it's not in shrinkwrap I have a few hours hubby & kid free. I was planning to do heaps of decluttering/organising & sorting but so far I've been playing lego & just started drinking wine. Can't have much though JIC I have to pick DD up. Kids are having a sleepover at PIL's. It's her first ever sleepover so I'm a bit worried. I should be as she is twice the age DS was when he first had a sleepover & he was fine but you know, she's my baby & all that... so this is what I've been doing instead. I think I'll print off the alternative builds next week at work & have a play again another day

Will have to keep an eye out for Stephanie's suprise party - haven't seen that one yet.

It does look fun doesn't it? Might have to invest in some ear plugs to filter the sound a bit (for me - stupid ear pain!) and take DD!

Not sure which trailer you got to see. I love that it has big names in it (Morgan freeman etc) as voices. And then "named" characters like batman and winder woman.

You can see I for about the movie on the lego movie fb page. It shows some of the kits that will be released next year for the movie too

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    It shows some of the kits that will be released next year for the movie too
    Of course! I just googled & watched the first one that came up that looked most relevant.

I just watched DD's friends DVD. I feel a bit ripped off that it's only 21 minutes! And it was corny & kind of crap but I loved it lol! It brings back memories of my childhood. Babysitter's club, gymnasts, saddle club etc etc. Love it! I am officially obsessed and I want it ALL for MYSELF! . Do you think I can ask for Lego friends stuff for xmas?!?! Is it really really sad that I'm 33 and just want to play with lego?!?! I'm glad DS is loving it anyway. It is about the only activity I actually enjoy doing with the kids. I "hate" craft, painting, playdoh, baking, pretending etc etc. But I'm quite happy to build a block tower for the kids to knock down. I'm thrilled to build a helicopter or dinosaur. Ask me to help the kids make a collage or make biscuits & I just about have a panic attack.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast