Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

Default Re: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

Won't be doing the cinema thing for the movie this time round. So much pain with my ears. Not risking it. Stupid LURGY!

Have been to lego shop today and arranged loot bag gifts - and forgot the main thing we want to grab for dd's present!

Seems like everyone is going to see the movie! Heaps of people are posting about it on FB.

Remember how I posted about a missing piece in one of DS's sets? It was replaced by Lego. And guess what?! Despite searching high & low, I didn't find it anywhere. Today, I found that exact piece in the kids toy box! I can only imagine DD got a hold of it and "hid" it.

DD was due to go see the movie last Sunday with my brother, but she bottled it, she had seen a poster with Lego Batman and thought it looked scary - we had already bought the tickets so DS went instead - he is a bit young really but seemed to enjoy it - he didn't like the tunnel, likes the black one not batman, and the pink one - whatever that all means!

DD won't go see Frozen either - she thinks is too scary (DH showed her the trailer).

We have just been to the Inside the Brick studio in Melbourne. (A Lego shop with a Lego studio area out the back) the kids loved it as did I. Impressive selection of Duplo for the little ones plus the big foam Lego. So lovely to see the kids and adults of all ages busy building various things from the normal Lego, and how I love the sound of hands rummaging through massive tubs of Lego. They had various sets and constructions on display (some from the exhibition) as well as books to use.

They are advertising for people to work there, I am seriously considering it, wouldn't be much money but I think alot of job satisfaction :-)

When I was little I loved sorting Lego, and my fingers were itching to sort their tubs out :-)

Do it! What a cool job!!

What's a cool job??????

The one wysiwyg mentioned at inside the brick...

Lol... I am sooooo not with it

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Zarava Flutterby ~ View Post
    Lol... I am sooooo not with it
    Are you ever?

It's today, it's today .... We are off to see the lego movie today!

Enjoy ZF, I am probably going with a friend at somepoint but without the kids, as DD can't be convinced although seemed to waiver when at Lego place and DS recognized the characters. According to my brother there is as much in it for adults as children.

It was fantastic

We have decided I'm going to suck up the ear pain and go see movie this weekend probably tomorrow

Finally watched the movie this weekend - whole family loved it - so many jokes in it for adults - and so so clever - the sea done with lego amazing. I have been singing Everything is Awesome all week.

Has anyone seen the new Lego female scientists set? Is quite cute and has been in the media alot. Personally I think all Lego is great and I like this quote "If you believe Lego is a healthy toy for kids to play with, why not make different stories that appeal to different people?" - I think the gender angle is overplayed - and although parents pick up on it alot I think is not something kids notice so much. As a kid I don't remember ever really paying attention to peoples gender and thinking that meant I could only do one thing or the other, I think parents and others close to a child have far more influence on how children perceive gender than any toy ever will have. There is an article on the BBC "Do children's toys influence their career choices" which makes some interesting points.

Almost a year since last posted in this thread!!!

Lots more Lego fun in this house both DD and DS are far more into it now. A mix of friends and other Lego (and I bought my self a Classics bricks set too, as I have a longing for more 'basic bricks'). I also volunteer at a Lego club at the school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123