Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

Default Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

Go Lego Go!

continued from here

Default Re: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

oh dear - we are quite a chatty bunch of big kidlets talking about our toys!

well, the kids toys... but they're ours too!

Looking at getting Lego Minecraft for Lachlan for his birthday. He'll be 10 so don't mind paying out some extra $$ for double digits.

i don't get minecraft (probably not having a kidlet in that age helps!)

We're not at mine craft age yet either, sorry Astrolady.

JLeigh, sometimes Target stock them (well ours does). I got one for DS and his mate for Christmas. Otherwise I've had to buy DD1's online through eBay.

Your little guy would possibly also love the Lego inspired knife/fork/spoon set that clicks together.

Apparently the world is going to end. A Lego surfboard is lost in amongst the friends city we have going on!

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Hi girls DS1 has been introduced to Lego! Mainly over Christmas but did get one for his birthday which had been a bit hit & miss. Christmas ones are going down well, only problem is we seem to be missing a piece for one section of the fire engine (I think it's part of the Lego City stuff). Do you know anywhere were I can easily get a replacement bit?

I've searched lounge/dining room where it's been set up but can't find the piece. (A bit concerned ds2 may have hit it somewhere off the table where I can find it during a light tantrum). I didn't check the pack when it got opened as DH opened it; ds1 is putting it together well by himself from the pics (mostly when ds2 is sleeping).

sometimes pieces are missing from packs - especially small bits. i'll pm you a link as lego actually offer a free replacement service for pieces missing from new sets. you just need to know what number the set is, and what the piece looks like. it will take a few weeks (they come from Netherlands from memory) but still relatively quickly
    will pm you on fb

Thanks BG will try later tonight when I get on the lappy

DS has gone retro this week. Wants me to build the old sets. particularly the police ones and man, we must have had an obsession lol. There are heaps. I have also built the post office and a little telephone booth. Had to explain to DS what it was .
    Then we have some really old Fabuland stuff, but no directions that my mum kept so I googled and sure enough, can find the instructions. Going to see if I can find some more

Dd has been looking at the catalogue. She got the police station only a couple of months ago. But there is a NEw police station and she desperately wants that now too! How many police station can a kidlet need?

DP is still on his no more lego ban, told SIL to go look at the toy room & she was like
    "Yeah there is just a little bit much in there"

I'm still not convinced
    Time to start getting the girls to pull things apart & storing them... Lol!

I put together..so we put together the cars 2 stuff last night very cool!

I follow a lego guy who sells here in brisbane and there is the raddest Simpsons house coming out! Am so getting that for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by leckert View Post
    Hi girls DS1 has been introduced to Lego! Mainly over Christmas but did get one for his birthday which had been a bit hit & miss. Christmas ones are going down well, only problem is we seem to be missing a piece for one section of the fire engine (I think it's part of the Lego City stuff). Do you know anywhere were I can easily get a replacement bit?

I've searched lounge/dining room where it's been set up but can't find the piece. (A bit concerned ds2 may have hit it somewhere off the table where I can find it during a light tantrum). I didn't check the pack when it got opened as DH opened it; ds1 is putting it together well by himself from the pics (mostly when ds2 is sleeping).
    Was it a little yellow pole that clips on to the side of the fire engine - DS was missing that at Christmas too

Quote Originally Posted by SammyRo View Post
    Was it a little yellow pole that clips on to the side of the fire engine - DS was missing that at Christmas too
    No, red piece which is part of the back number plate area.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyRo View Post
    Remind me after about 5 tonight and i will pm you the link to get the replacement piece that was missing

We sent a request on dec 22 for a replacement piece. It was mailed dec 23 and arrived yesterday from overseas. Not bad

WOW we really can talk ladies

I have to go through and update my list as to what we actually have at home now (with all the double ups & things at x-mas), was slightly shattered no-one else got DD2 some lego for her birthday.

She really wants (well they both do) Olivia's Tree House but BG has said it's been discontinued so I guess we probably wont find that one.

DP is really on his NO MORE LEGO bender so I think it might be time to ask the girls to pack away some of the smaller builds and just leave out a few of the bigger things they REALLY love.
    Maybe then it wont look like so much, they will have more for free play and then we might be able to start sneaking a few more things in along the way.

DD2 got the lego friends calendar, soccer & bedroom sets for her birthday along with a bucket with a farm set... so she did get some lego (thanks to BG & mummy) and I kind of hope the late comers mail her some or she chooses to spend her birthday money on it and DP doesn't argue

Just thought I'd drop in and let you girls know that apparently there is a Lego exhibition/activity at the Melbourne museum at the moment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast