Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

Default Re: Lego/Mega Bloks Lovers #3

DS was missing one of the pieces from one of his City trucks. I tried the lego site but it said this particular piece was out of stock I was still able to order it but I have no idea how long it would be until it came. It is the centre of a wheel, so the truck is missing a wheel. He can still play with it though, just looks funny. He was quite upset about it.

Rowellen, the longest it's taken for anything for us was about a week on back order and then postage from o/s

Zf, get in dd's ear about sets she needs

There is a normal tree house set if you can't get the friends one. There is also ebay as an option...

Started pulling apart the friends city last night. Dd asked me to cos we have rental inspection on Monday and knows we have to vac before. Got all but half dozen things pulled down. Guess what I'm about to start doing now??

Happy day off work bg!

Good to know thanks BG! I hope it won't take too long.

Much more fun putting lego together than pulling it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    Remind me after about 5 tonight and i will pm you the link to get the replacement piece that was missing

We sent a request on dec 22 for a replacement piece. It was mailed dec 23 and arrived yesterday from overseas. Not bad
    sorry, only just seen this, if you could pm me the link that would be great

I got a notification today to say that DS's missing lego piece has been posted. Yay! I hope it arrives as quick as yours BG!

DS spent hours on the weekend building lego. And he has asked every day this week to build more. I'm glad he has taken to it so well because he will be getting heaps more for his birthday lol!

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Rowellen View Post
    I got a notification today to say that DS's missing lego piece has been posted. Yay! I hope it arrives as quick as yours BG!
    I'm hoping my posted email comes soon

We may be visiting the Lego shop again tomorrow. Mum bought me a Lego pencil case but it doesn't match my calendar at work so dd offered to swap - as long as we buy her the bright calendar to go with it! Lol

We are going to Brickvention on Sunday morning. Went last year and was good but I think DS will be a better age this time. DD is excited as she remembers going last time. After we will go to the museum which has the really big (real brick size) foam Lego bricks and loads of Duplo at the moment. In the Hall they are doing a wall of Lego where everyone creates a 4x4 brick according to a color map then these are placed in a numbered position on the wall and will depict a James Bond scene.

we contemplated brickvention but realised the day out was just too exxy for us when we factor in travel

Brickvention was great - was much easier this year as DS didn't want to touch/pull apart everything. Lots of trains again - so even if kids don't like Lego if they love trains is perfect. Some great models - I like the big stuff (so not kit stuff but like a massive Vegemite jar, or there was a Sydney Opera house and a massive suspension bridge).

I really would love the Mindstorm stuff - and someone had the Dolphin Cruiser customized with the Intelli Brick and motor and controlling it via bluetooth from their IPAD - can't wait for the kids to get a bit older so I can justify buying that - it is meant for 10+ but I reckon once DD is 7 I can justify the $500 to myself :-). I must get mum and dad to bring my technics Lego over next time they go home - it was a pneumatic set.

We received the missing brick from DS's grand prix truck set today. One very happy little boy was able to finish it off properly What great service!

cant believe there has been no chatter in here since January - clearly we all migrated to FB!
    I may have been to the lego shop this morning. and i may have agreed to buy some lego movie stuff for the poppet... and i may have assembled it this arvo....

and i may have been playing with lego with the express purpose of designing her birthday invitations and associated "stuff"

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Unfortunately been too busy and still not hugely keen on Lego out when ds2 (nearly 2) is up and about still.
    I have been eyeing off a building table (not Lego branded) in Big W that looks potentially useful for free building but doesn't have storage area underneath which I think is what is prefer for tidy Lego storage.

We've been so busy with the girls back at kinder/school & the fires etc.

They still play but it's hard finding the time to join them at the moment

Yeah, expect the thread to go BOOM upon the movie release & continue right through the Easter school hols. LOL

I haven't really been on BB much lately. Not getting notification emails so I don't know unless I look. I don't feel I can contribute much anymore in the baby threads. So busy ALL. THE. TIME. Totally over it all.

Anyway on the lego front. DS has been a bit off the lego. The last set he started was a mega bloks tractor that he didn't quite get right but instead of asking for help, decided he didn't want to do it at all. Even since I fixed his mistake for him, he doesn't want to do it and he hasn't wanted to open his other sets yet either. He did get a reward that was a batmobile. He wanted to make that but we didn't have time to do the whole thing. Before he could finish it, he had the mother of all tantrums. So I told him if he didn't stop, batmobile was going away until he earnt his next reward. He has 7 stars to go to get his next reward :/. He keeps asking for that one too. I think school is playing havoc on him physically and emotionally atm. That tantrum happened last thursday but since then he's only earnt 2 stars. He can earn 2 a day if he does what we need him to do - get ready to go to school and get ready for bed. I really think 5 is too young for full time school. He's doing great with the work but it's too much too soon IMO.

Can't wait for the lego movie!

Looks like we have a date with a friend to see the lego movie next Wednesday!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast