Thread: Painting on Glass

Question Painting on Glass

Does anyone do any painting on glass? I was thinking of painting some champagne flutes for my SIL's 21st but wanted some tips on what kind of paint is best and where to get them from etc. I figure a craft store will sell them but what brands are good and what prices is reasonable?

I used to paint on glass years ago - I just used the cheap paint from the $2 shop and still have some of the glass jars I used when I moved out of home at 17! My neighbour also paints glasses for candles for birthdays, engagements etc I'll ask her....

You're a legand! I also wanted to paint you know who as beer mug for his 40th this weekend but don't have any paint our mugs. I will just make a card instead. Not even sure if we will go, im in a bit of pain now

I don't 'paint' per say on glass, but I do lead lighting and that is what goes on windows and such.
    For my ILs for christmas, I'm doing my ILs initials, then transferring them to drinking glasses for their 'own' glasses (iykwim) as a cheap present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - even though I should be cleaning

Aw hon, I hope the pain settles down quickly for you... even if you don't go, a painless weekend would be nice for you!

My neighbour got back to me - she uses Pebeo Vitrea paint. It's $12 at craft stores and $9 at Spotlight. She says it's the only one she's tried that doesn't bubble and you only have to wait 24 hours before baking, whereas some of the others you have to wait 3 days. I didn't ever 'bake' my glass stuff, so not sure what that's all about! She uses her glasses for candle-making, so maybe that's got something to do with it? I am going to Spotlight tomorrow morning if you know what you want....

Thanks jleigh, I will call spotlight, im thinking purple, pink, gold, silver sparkly if they have them. I will call spotlight today :-) the baking heat ses the paint I think.

DD that sounds interesting , where do you get your gear?