Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo's - a few questions.

Default Tattoo's - a few questions.

Im a bit of a tattoo nut even though I only actually have 3 atm.

I want to get another tattoo. I currently have one on my upper left shoulder blade, on my lower middle back and on my right underside wrist.

My dilemma is, where to put it? Its going to be reasonably sized (like half forearm length). I am a huge fan of tattoo's IF they are the right style. Ive entertained the idea of just getting a half sleeve or even a semi-sleeve ( ) so that I can still cover it if need be for work purposes in the future.

Do you think women are fine to have arm tattoo's? It would prob be on my very upper left arm.
    Do you think I should just go the whole hog and tie it in with the tattoo on my upper left shoulder blade, sort of like a semi-sleeve? There would be a theme to the full peice, both the tattoo I have and the one I want to get are the same topic.
    Do you HAVE an arm tattoo? What was it like getting it? Is it a one off or part of a bigger peice?
    Would you do it even if your DH wasnt keen on sleeves on women?

Thanks!

I have seen some sleeves on women that I really like and some that I am not keen on at all. Like you I think it depends on the picture and the style.

I have an almost quarter sleeve (in that it comes to the traditional quarter sleeve length on my upper arm, but there is none on the underside of my arm). I think it looks amazing personally, but I do get a few odd looks. Totally worth it though, and I can cover it completely with my work uniform which was important to me.

What about if your going somewhere formal? Do you just show it and not give a toss if people stare or do you wear a formal dress that would cover it? Not that I go anywhere formal lol

I tend to show it off with whatever I am wearing. I was asked to be a bridesmaid once (although the wedding was called off) and I offered to get camouflage make-up to cover it up but the bride said that would be unneccesary. As a wedding guest I wouldn't cover it up though, but I might wear a long top if I was going somewhere formal I felt it was inappropriate (like a job interview, for example).

My DH has asked me not to get any on my upper arms,which is fair enough as I've asked that he doenst get any on his fore arms, I don't love my arms enough to want them there anyways but maybe one day I will

I have one on my inner left wrist, on top of my right foot, lower back, between shoulder blades/neck area and lower shoulder so 5 all up.
    Im getting my next one on my leg Ive just picked my picture Im so excited.

I love sleeves on women Im just not brave enough

not sure if this link will work but here is mine anyway http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1290485_n.jpg

wow Traveller very nice!! love it

Oh wow Trav that is beautiful, stunning colours. Does it have a significant meaning for you?

yes the tree is for my twins, because I was 21 weeks pregnant before I knew I was cooking 2 (hence the tree starts as one and ends as two). I have some blue roses on the back of my other shoulder for my other boys, which is about the same size but less visible due to it's location.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I want another too but no idea where to get it. I have one on left foot, left inner hip, left underside of wrist and down middle of spine.

I love the idea of a sleeve but as a pp said depends on the style.

Trav yours is gorgeous

My two bobs worth is... (i know you wanna hear it)

you have to have a certain style of arm to make a sleeve look nice and not butch. Travlers looks ace... if I were to get the same done, it's look, well... not that great XD

mind you there is nothing wrong with butch... just depends whether you want "elegant" or not..

Also, something to consider... as you get older that part of your body tends to sag. I try to avoid getting tattoos anywhere that are going to sag alot as I get older, but that's just me

i have one on my shoulder blade, my inner wrist and under my ear on my neck.

my next four are going to be on each foot, on my inner forearm and some wording under my inner wrist tattoo (which i spose will turn it into a forearm tattoo as well...)
    Last edited by helle; April 20th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Freya you've seen some of mine, don't know if you saw the album of the huge back one I had on FB, but you'll get to see it in June. I can cover all of mine, including the one on my wrist (I wear a watch to work). I love good artwork on bodies.

Because of the location of two of mine, they're a bit hard to hide when wearing formal clothing, or singlet type tops, but it doesn't bother me, I've pretty much forgotten they're there, which made for interesting dinner conversation the other night when asked about them and I looked blankly, then remembered that I have 2 ones on my back

Yay tattoos!

I have a map of australia on my upper right arm, and a line of text that starts on the outside, and wraps around my arm ending again on the outside (but two different ends) if that makes sense. I love it, and get so many compliments from it. its simple and means so much.

maybe try with a temporary on the spot and see how it works with different tops. even go out with it, take it for a text drive.

good luck with it!!

i have tatts on both my forearms..one ds name withs stars all round it and the other side is a tatt my ex bf drew up people look at them and stuff my i love them and show them off proud!! put ya tatt where ya want!!

Showing your tattoos has been a trend these days. People wear such clothes where there tattoo is not hidden

My SIL has the most beautiful dragonfly on her forearm, she's always getting complimented about it.

I'm planning to get my first tat in a few weeks. Its going to be a lime green awareness ribbon for DD on my forearm. Its only going to be small, not much taller than a 50c peice.

yep i agree, tats on woman look great but they have to be right, i know a girl with a full sleeve and its just all over the place, means nothing at all and its just stamp stamp stamp, no flow or anything... i have a few boring tats i got when i was a teenager, stars on my foot, which i still love lol, cherries on my belly and a celtic heart thing on the back of my neck... next year im planning to get DS's n bubs name somewhere and i want to get the heart on my neck extended and kinda draped down my back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast