Thread: Where to buy a lovely bookmark? HELP!

Default Where to buy a lovely bookmark? HELP!

I have no idea where to post this, but I figured crafty people might be able to help. Please feel free to move if necessary mods.

I want to buy someone a present, I've thought about it, and I want to get her a really beautiful bookmark. But where to get one from? I'm happy to spend up to $30 ($20 would be better though ), but I have no idea where to start looking. I'm happy to buy IRL or online, I just need to do it soon!

Any ideas would be welcome

Google book thong
    I think you can buy them at borders and Angus and Robertson.

Book thongs are very cool, you can get really funky beaded ones from Borders.

Waaay out of your budget for this one, but thought I'd give you one to drool over... This is my Swarovski one my mum got me for Christmas in 2007 - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...293&ppuser=165

Ooooh have a look at this thread - http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/read...ook-marks.html

Holly posted about one with essential oils in it that suonds really nice

Thank you ladies I really like the book thongs, but I'm not sure if they're right for the person I'm giving to. I want it to be a really personal present, without being over the top. We talk about reading and books alot, so I thought a bookmark would be appropriate.

My mum gave me a bookmark about 10 years ago that I am completely in love with. It is some sort of solid silver metal, with a green ribbon folded through the end, and it has a quote engraved on it in simple lettering - "It is never too late to be what you might have been" George Eliot. It really speaks to me, and although the bookmark is so simple, I really love it. I don't want an exact replica of that one, but something similar would be good. Is that too much to ask?

You know what? Bookmarks are really hard to google LOL.

One of my favourite shops for this kind of thing is Sophie Randall... she has a website. There is an actual store in Melbourne Central too which is my number one stop for cards, stationery and gifts these days. I find they stock out-the-ordinary and good quality but not exhorbitantly priced gifts.

Thank you Bath Her store looks lovely, I'm about to email to see if they have something that I might like. You can't buy online, but there is a store in Forest Hill which is closer to me than Melb. Central LOL. Thanks so much for pointing me in that direction.

Still happy for any other suggestions, I think I might like to collect bookmarks!

Have a look on ebay. I had a look a bit earlier (bad bad addiction to book marks here!) and there are some really nice beaded ones. Same sort of metal style as my one I posted, but with beads hanging down. They're pretty cheap too You might be able to get one then have it engraved?

Or you could get a calligrapher to do the quote you want and then laminate it with pressed flowers & a tassle etc yourself?