Thread: Arty/crafty gift idea's?

Default Arty/crafty gift idea's?

Looking for idea's for a 9 year old. She's creative & loves to draw. Thinking maybe a good pencil set.

Want to get more than that, but just can't think of anything. Not sure I want to do the make your own jewellery boxes etc this year. They just don't last. Avoiding paint... DD3 like to be creative in a very destructive way...

Please throw any idea's at me. I've got none & I'm sure almost everyone out there has seen something cool at the shops that I've never heard of. We don't have shops

ETA; Are Derwents still the bomb in colour pencils??

Default Re: Arty/crafty gift idea's?

Derwents are still lovely pencils yes! How about some lovely sketch books, canvases and water colour paints and nice brushes to go with them?

DD is getting some Liquid Crayons by Artline

"The Artline 300 marker gives the effect of a wax crayon and may be brushed out with water to give a washed effect. Ideal for craft projects in the school or home, the Artline 300 comes in an assorted pack containing black, blue, red, green, brown, orange, purple, yellow, pink, light blue, yellow, green and ochre."

She has used them at ArtClass - and could be an idea which work a little like paint but are not paint - if you see what I mean.

Smash book - or the cheapy version (called La De Dah) which you can get at BIg W & Lincraft

Shrinky Dinks.

Thanks will look into these after kids go to bed.

My youngest DD is 9, she also loves to draw, she is totally addicted to these sketch books that a friend got her last year from Lincraft, they are for fashion design, hair and makeup, a few others too, they come with stencils that you get to draw on the models so that you can design what they wear, then attach stickers and whatever. She spends hours and hours perfecting each new creation. She just loves them!

Would she want to learn crochet? You can buy very reasonably children's books for that. Or you can get cross stitch that isn't cross stitch - it's easier, but I can't think of what it's called.

I was looking at french knitting on ebay. Mums been teaching them to crochet (even ds lol), but she doesn't seem nearly as into it as dd1.

We've got create your own top model, which is kinda on paper fashion design. Might see what others there are.

Better do it now, gotta buy online from here.

Maybe a gift voucher for smiggle? My girls love smiggle

How about a craft box or a creative box? Some sort of nice looking box full of creative goodies. You can put the pencils in, and anything remotely crafty or creative like sketch books, mini canvases, craft glue, scrapbooking papers, paints, nice pens, a diary, a couple of books with DIY projects, beads, twine, fabrics, sewing needles...

Target have some cool projects for older girls ATM. They have an owl string art one, and a decoupage set of craft drawers and a notice board.