thread: Christmas 2014

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Christmas 2014

Anyone started planning, yet?

I've ordered the gifts for non immediate family, and have started thinking about colleagues.

The DSs I'm in mixed minds ... maybe chooks, maybe a veggie patch, maybe something else ...

Others?

Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

Re: Christmas 2014

I'm almost on top of presents. Just need to sort my mum's and SIL-to-be's. It's so much more difficult shopping for women, I've found

It's organising Miss E's birthday the week before that's doing my head in...

Jun 2005
    USA

I've been sort of pre-planning. We want to head to the mountains for the 1% chance that we might get snow. In any case it'll be nice to get away so I've been looking at where to stay. Have also been updating wish lists for the kids so I have some ideas already of things to get them.

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

Yep. The kids are done. dH is 40 in the next fortnight so I'll worry about him later. I don't really buy many extra gifts, so just gift cards for long distance peeps, and my BFF s kids are in the works. So all good really.

We're staying at the cas on Christmas night with a group of similarly displaced friends do still have to book that.

Nov 2010

1niece and 1 nephew, DH and new bub to go. I will have them all finishes by first week of October as I refuse to go Christmas shopping with a 2 year old and a newborn. Looking forward to our first Christmas as our complete family

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

Dd is taken care of - except for some stocking fillers (underwear etc)

No one else is really taken care of but given I ask my bro and sil what to get their kids at least 20 times through the year and I get zero feedback, they will get whatever dd wants to give them. Dh and I don't really do presents for each other but for dds sake we will grab something we need and wrap it to go under the tree

Getting some photos taken of dd on the coming weeks. Will get an enlargement for the parentals and her god parents and my aunt.

Besties little man has a bday in November. So we don't contemplate anything for him until we see what he gets for his birthday. Easier that way. Although I really should contemplate a bday present for him lol

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

I think I'm a total stooge, because we don't really do presents anymore, not just Xmas, but birthdays too. I think we'll get them like a barbie or something each from Santa, and then pick up a trampoline or something in the after Xmas sales I'm really just not a big gift person, and I'm sooooo glad my family has never been into the whole extended family present swap thing, I think I'd die and just give everyone cherry ripe balls haha.

Oct 2008
    Victoria

We only give presents to our two boys, my sister's kids and each other. Have almost finished the boys shopping so am feeling pretty on top of things!

I am usually on top of it, but feeling a bit overwhelmed this year. The boys are getting a new PC which will be a joint present, but it is also the first year that my then 13 yr old won't have Santa, so have to find him stuff a bit more substantial. He turns 13 2 months prior and I want him to have a phone, but he wants an ipod. So I need to figure out what I am doing for that yet.

No idea what to get my other 2 santa wise.

Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

I think I might just opt out this year I'm too busy lol
    Seriously I haven't given it a thought until I saw this thread start and I panicked and didn't come in til now!

Oct 2008
    Victoria

Oh Joeve that was us last year Settlement on our new house was 5 days before Christmas, we had to be out of our place as that one was settling same day too! I could not care less about the festive season but somehow pulled it off!

Mar 2006

I haven't done a thing. I'm normally all
    Done by now! I haven't even thought about dd2s birthday the week before lol

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Reading this thread makes me realise why I have a stress breakdown every December. We're still doing birthdays in September, October is one of those months where everyone always schedules stuff, that leaves November, right? I need to get it all sorted by November!