Thread: Christmas is coming..........!

Question Christmas is coming..........!

Girls,

I am hopeful at being organsied this Christmas: on time and on budget.

But it is a lot of work.

Is anyone organised already?

What are you Christmas hints and tips......how to get it all bought, paid for, wrapped, cooked and organised but still make it stress free??

Well all the kids presents are bought and paid for. We used the no deposit toy layby. No idea what we're doing about food or anything though, ive always hated organising that part.

Amelia Guest

Well I have already made rum balls and white christmas and frozen it!! Well the rum balls are disappearing no thanks to DH!! But in saying that I always make more then one batch per year and they seem to be a thing that is made all year round in our house.

OMG don't mention christmas!! I saw candy canes and chrissy paper in the shops on Friday....whats with that, its still only september!!
    Sorry I hav no ideas of how to be organised....I have been thinking about making edible gifts this yr, like jams, cakes, lollies....maybe if you do that sort of thing, you could start to make the non perishable things now?

I have all my christmas shopping down except for one present which should be easy. Writing Christmas cards is my downfall. They always get sent after Christmas so maybe I should start getting them ready now.

I am on my way - my planner is being built as we speak LOL!!!

Check out the flylady holiday planner... its ACE. I'll find mine and type out some tips...

ETA: It has Decoration tables, gift tables, recipe tables, grocery tables... and week by week what to do...

If anyone wants a copy lemme know
    Last edited by Rouge; September 18th, 2007 at 03:01 PM.

I will be using a local deli (who I happen to do the books for), to order in my ham, cooked turkey breast, panettone etc. Saves a lot of time, DH will take hours trying to pick the right ham in a supermarket. Not really saving a lot of money, but getting much better quality for what we would normally spend.

So I would suggest check you your local small business deli/butcher etc and see what they will order in for Christmas.

Im never organised!! We have so many birthdays in november including DD now, so im usually organsing them first...i have a few toys on layby, but mostly are for DD birthday!!

im really bad i leave things to the last minute, so im sure this year will be the same

luckily we usually go to my parents or PIL for lunches so im safe there!!

I've wrapped all the relatives kids xmas presents which Im pretty pleased with, am starting to pick up bits and pieces for the adults now Im trying to wrestle christmas lunch away from the mother-in-law this year so i need to be as organised as possible!

I would suggest check you your local small business deli/butcher etc and see what they will order in for Christmas
    I am with you on that one........)makes note to self to order in pork pie, beef and turnjey from Wattle Park butcher!

We did Christmas lunch here last year. My first time hosting the big lunch. It went off really well, I was suprised. No running from house to house, everyone came here. I got everyone to bring a dish and we did the roast porks.

This year however, will be a different one. I will have at most a 2 week old baby. Bub is due 10 days before Christmas. Coming late is NOT an option !! I did think briefly about having the lunch here again but quickly dismissed it too. I will not be functional on very minimal sleep, esp those first few weeks.

I am trying desperately to get my shopping all done and then wrapped. I have some of it laybuyed but not enough by a long shot. I don't fancy battling the xmas rush with a huge stomach or a brand new baby.

I will be watching this thread though for some ideas.

Cailin, can you email me those lists please ?? God know's I can use all the help I can get.