Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Toddler - Leave the Christmas Tree alone or I'll....

Default Dear Toddler - Leave the Christmas Tree alone or I'll....

..... Have to take extreme measures!!!

DD is driving me bonkers, she continually takes the decorations off and no removing her, stopping her, distracting her etc is working. DS never touched the thing. DD is all over it....

I've redecorated the bottom branches a few hundred times, its now rather top heavy as the bottom is empty of deco's - so it looks terrible. If it wasn't for DS I'd take the flippin' thing down 'cos she is annoying me to much LOL

However today I found this idea on FB.... so freaking tempting!!!!

photo.jpg

Default Re: Dear Toddler - Leave the Christmas Tree alone or I'll....

love it

i feel your pain!! DD1 loved looking at the tree and knew not to touch the "pretties". DD2 on the other hand, cannot help herself and has already broken two baubles thankfully they were only the cheap ones which i made sure were on the bottom of the tree!

love that idea of glad wrapping the tree

Funny. I know someone who puts their tree in the middle of a play pen so the kids can't get at it. My cat was way worse than the toddlers were

Lollll

My xmas tree only had decorations on top too!!

Spock was very excited about the "ball tree", I just havent decorated the bottom half of it.

I did see a photo on fb today that had a xmas tree wrapped in glad wrap so the children couldnt get at it...

pmsl! i didnt even see your link to the picture!!! ...now dont i feel stupid =P

Lol! I must have gotten lucky with DD's age, she was 6 months first time so couldn't get it (it's in a separate room than we're normally in), then 18 months so past the destructive stage. DS though will be 14 months next year, I'm guessing he may take a crack at it!

This year to give DD something to do I've made a huge tree out of green felt on one of the walls, where we always are. I just cut circles out of different coloured sheets of felt and she has "baubles" to decorate her own tree with. Could that be an option for your DD?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
    Funny. I know someone who puts their tree in the middle of a play pen so the kids can't get at it. My cat was way worse than the toddlers were
    My mum used to do that when my brother and I were kids!

DD2 doesn't go near the tree. But I think it's more because she's petrified of the train that circles the bottom of the tree - that is outweighing the wow factor!

I have tied all of the ornaments and baubles etc onto our tree.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Lol my cat scaled the inside of the tree and managed to take out the star on the top! She is driving me crazy everytime I look the tree is wobbling because she is inside it. DD is watching with excitement but at almost 10 months can't get mobile so it's all funny to watch only.
    I use a water spray bottle with my cat I wonder if this would work for your DD..... Lol
    Im joking!!! Of course! Get out the glad wrap!!!

We have ours on a table with a baby fence around the bottom yet she still reaches through and has broken two baubles. She literally stands there all day trying to climb the gate and grabbing any scrap of tree branch, it drives me MENTAL, just leave it alone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teeki View Post
    Lol! I must have gotten lucky with DD's age, she was 6 months first time so couldn't get it (it's in a separate room than we're normally in), then 18 months so past the destructive stage. DS though will be 14 months next year, I'm guessing he may take a crack at it!
    your dd was past the destructive stage by 18 months? lucky you!

I haven't got mine yet, but thinking about getting a tree today. We will have it on a table, but i don't think this will stop DS from playing. He was attracted to the kinder tree and decorations.

I've been dealing with the removal of decorations since our tree went up a week and a half ago, but today tops it all off.....

My terrible twosome - who are 2 1/2 - schemed together and actually pushed the Christmas Tree over, luckily we have no fragile or breakable ornaments and the lights are switched off and unplugged until the evening (and are LED so no smashed globes) but how am I going to cope with 2 more weeks of running interference.

A friend used a blow up Santa as 'guard' - her DS was petrified of it so wouldn't go near! Think I was lucky as DS is very gentle and although he liked to rearrange the decos, he wasn't obsessive and never broke anything.

Love Teeki's felt tree idea

A friend of mine was looking into an upside down tree - you hang it from the roof

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I like the felt tree idea - might steal it next year if I survive the tree this year

Quote Originally Posted by leckert View Post
    I like the felt tree idea - might steal it next year if I survive the tree this year
    I'll put a pic on fb soon when I get the photos off the camera, if you wanna check it out

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Teeki View Post
    I'll put a pic on fb soon when I get the photos off the camera, if you wanna check it out
    I think I need to see as I'm not going to survive the tree this year - no room for it anywhere else than where we've put it and both boys play with it and I bump if every time I turn the light on/off ( DH won't consider anywhere else or other semi practical solutions)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast