Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a budget for christmas pressies?

Default Do you have a budget for christmas pressies?

i have no idea how much ive spent on our girls we dont buy much during the year so tend to splurge a little at christmas time..
    the only budget i have is for our family KK pressies.
    So do you have a budget?

Foothills of the Blue Mountains, West Sydney, NSW

I'm a bit like you for our baby boy. oh o. Lol. Yeah pretty naughty but we really like to spoil our little man and we buy things as we see them & add them to our little stock pile for him. Can't help it lol for each other though we do put a limit so we buy each other similar value things (about $100 each) and relatives we only buy gifts for who we see which aren't too many but we only buy small gesture type gifts (hampers etc) - no more than say $30 a couple, but it's around that and not exactly budgeted as much.

Sent from my iPhone, via Tapatalk

Pretty much the same as you!!

i tend to find a present that is appropriate for one of my brothers kids, and that sets the budget for the other two!

Family KK (adults) is set based on what my aunt can afford. She has intellectual disability, on the pension etc, so would like to spend around $10 per adult - so we decided a few years ago to make it a combined value and all do the KK thing. it works pretty well - provided you can work out what to buy! my bro and his wife are painful to buy for!

We don't really have a budget for our kids - we just try to keep it reasonably equal between them, and try not to go too over board because all the birthdays are reasonably close to christmas too. For everyone else (ie, our parents and siblings) we budget $20 each (big family - we are both one of six kids) for neices and nephews $10 ea. And we only buy for those family members we actually see on the day.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Not really but within reason. Our kids well DH says i am OTT but pfft I love it and can't help it, I buy lots during the year and add to a stash that gets bigger and bigger! I still have stuff in cupboard that I bought last year for kids and never gave them as they had plenty at Christmas!

With family I tend to pick a gift for someone and go with it and not worry to much about spending more on someone else, as if the gift is right thats what matters.

on this topic - what do people spend on friends?? close friends and their kids? last year i bought for four very spesh friends (all from BB), and their kidlets - this year, we're just not in a position to buy for many people at all, but i have one very close friend here, and her son. we have an idea for a gift for him, but no idea what to do for my friend! just looked for something similar to what i got my BB friends last Christmas, but there is just nothing that has the right meaning this year!

In the past we have not had a budget, but this year we do. It is more of an overall Christmas budget, so includes food, the tree, presents etc. Not allocating any set amount per child, as we are getting what we think they will like, getting the right gift for each girl, as opposed to just spending a set amount.

I don't buy for friends BG.
    Our KK value is $75, so $150 per couple and I spend $50 on each niece
    I started Christmas shopping in march lol!

I have to budget myself or it could get way out of hand
    I spend about $100-$150 on each of my kids (and with seven that quickly adds up)
    $20-$25 on my nieces and nephews.
    Usually a $20 bottle of wine for each couple (sisters and parents)

I'm actually sitting down writing my christmas list right now....normally I'd have a list of people we're buying for and an approximate budget for each then hit the shops to see what grabs my fancy, but with a newborn this year am tryong to be a bit more organised - so am coming up with ideas and sourcing where to get stuff from on the net. Have also bought a few pressies online this year

the kids are getting a swing set so $100 each lol thats its and a $50 pressie from my mum each

Cranky I've bought about 80% online this year! Love it!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I don't buy for many friends as tend to just buy for their kids instead as it all adds up. But the friends I do buy for spend $20 - $50 depending what it is and if its a joint pressie with partner.

Friends kids $5 - $30 depending on what I just bought some awesome gifts in Riot art and craft that are on special and got great sets for $2.99 and $4.99 normally $10 - $20 each for these sets!

For DD, I've always done the whole "one thing you want, one thing you need, one thing to wear, one thing to read" which usually ends up being a couple of hundred although I don't really set a hard budget for it and that's what DP and I are continuing with this year. She gets so much anyway as she is the only grandchild on both sides and also has step-grandparents. Me and DP aren't doing gifts, we are going to have a super extravagent date night instead.

Parents and siblings we spend about $50 each, other family I give a $5-10 donation gift (and family knows that instead of gifts, they can donate in my honor to the Australian Marine Conservation Society), there aren't any other children in the next generation yet so all adults.

Me and my friends don't buy eachother gifts, we all go out somewhere nice for dinner instead.

we do not buy for friends or their kids. (although I am taking part in a secret santa this year with my belly buddies group - so I guess that is the exception)

We dont have a budget per say but we have set limits on how many presents. We've learnt over the years how many pressies are really enough for the girls. (Actually each year I always find pressies, for every event, that I forgot to bring out of hiding. This year both girls missed out on 2 easter pressies each, DD1 has 3 bday pressies that I forgot, DD2 had 2 bday pressies that I forgot to give them. Last year we had pressies for them left under the tree for days!! )
    So this year we have set a number of pressies for each of the girls then theres the joint pressies. For ourselves we like to spoil ourselves because we dont normally shout ourselves anything special through out the year. We make things for other relo's and friends and buy few things.

I buy things throughout the year for Moo, I still have stuff from Mattel factory trips last year that I haven't given him! So I don't really have a budget for him. I don't spend as much as it might look like because it's mostly sale items or Mattel bargains.

With family we only buy for my sister's kids now and I generally spend $100 on the three of them.

DH and I used to spend a lot on each other but since we've had Moo we don't really exchange xmas gifts. We'd rather spend more on Moo!

we spent 100 on each child, 50 each for siblings/parents, and 20 each for kids/nieces/godsons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast