Thread: Doing anything spooky?

Default Doing anything spooky?

Are you doing anything spooky to mark halloween?

What have you done (or not) in past years?

Default Re: Doing anything spooky?

I have a halloween baby who will be turning 3 tomorrow! so we are going to go trick or treatin' with some kids from school!

So excited! ha! First time we have been

Snoogans, awesome birthday!! LOL Sounds like fun. Will you be dressing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    Snoogans, awesome birthday!! LOL Sounds like fun. Will you be dressing up?
    um.....not this year! ha! But my 2 girls will be

miss 7 as a Vampire

and miss 3 tomorrow, will be going as a Pumpkin Princess thingy!

We are having Halloween tea at the park/forest with friends. I will dress up, have spent the evening experimenting with coloring various food stuffs for Halloween tea. That is what I remember most from being a kid at Halloween - it was a licence to experiment with food dye. In the morning am attempting spider and bat pancakes (like the guy from sapiancakes). Not sure the kids are that into it but I am having fun.

The kids are trick or treating for the first time

I'm stuck in hospital

Yep we celebrate every year. My fave holiday ever (duh :P). We have families we trick or treat with in designated trick or treat streets (organised by families from school). Then tomorrow night we'll be watching scary movies. We've already carved our pumpkin and made some decorations. Have the treats all ready and costumes to go. I just found that there were heaps of events on this year. Including a family friendly haunted house. Will be doing that next year for sure. I love that it's really taking off.

I will be sleeping LOL. I have swimming lessons all day at school tomorrow and it completey wipes me out. It's not really celebrated around here anyway.

School had a Halloween Disco last night. I love any excuse to dress up, so got involved as well.

Some families in town are trick or treating. It has been mainly organised by the US expats in town. .

I'm sucking it up and treat or treating with the kids - they have dress up day at school too. DD1 is a zombie pirate and DD2 is a baby vampire. I don't love it but will do because they love it and they love getting dressed up.

It's DD's birthday today so we're having a small party and they're going trick or treating with my sister after school.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    I will be sleeping LOL. I have swimming lessons all day at school tomorrow and it completey wipes me out. It's not really celebrated around here anyway.
    Yeah, long way to go to knock on doors! LOL

We are celebrating for the first time here. Our (new) street is collectively open for trick or treating so DD1 and I are going along with our neighbours. We have a huge carved jack-o-lantern and candles on the front porch, DD1 is dressing as a ladybird (her choice) and I went a little OTT with treats for trick or treaters. I made paper 'ghost' bags filled with sweets and little bottles of witches brew - green mineral water with plastic insects inside.

I've made an effort this year to be ready for trick or treaters, but nobody's shown up yet I even have a sign on the door expressly saying they're welcome!

Next year I want to have a party with our friends, I think. Take all the kids out trick or treating, have some spooky fun.

Halloween was the best here! So impressed by the effort and love of most people in our street. Lots of fantastic front yards and goodies, everyone out and about talking to one another. I had thought I had over catered with treats with close to 90 goodie bags and drinks in total but we actually ran out of everything! Already planning decorations for next year. DD1 had a ball as the cutest ladybird on the street 7 month old DD2 charmed trick or treaters at home as a black kitten. Both girls were in Halloween mode and refused to go to sleep until well after 9pm.

We ended up being wiped out about an hour after my post I had to resort to the backup lollies, these little fruit lolly things Definitely going out with the girls next year

We went to a party! The kids dressed up, Halloween themed food, smoke machines, bobbing for apples, was fabulous!!!