Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Eve with toddlers

Default Re: New Years Eve with toddlers

tWe're doing nothing, but that's not actually because of the kids. Our friends and family are spread so far out, they're all doing something different and really most of them are just too far for us. Many won't be child-friendly either. We could do something here, but as everyone is a good distance away there's a good chance no one would come.

I'm not too upset about it though, DS had me up every 1-2 hours last night so I'd be useless at a party tonight.

We are now going to a friend's house, who also has small kids, to have a BBQ. We will hang out, have some champers, have some dinner and go home when the kids crack it. It won't be midnight. But that's ok. We will at least have some sort of celebration with some of our friends, so that's good

We're leaning towards back yard fish'n'chips

I am going to put the toddler to bed and head over to our neighbours place, the baby monitor is just in range so I can relax and enjoy but still be plenty close enough if said toddler wakes

Another that is staying home happily. DH and I plan to put the kids to bed. I have a kg of prawn and a platter of all our favourite nibbles ready to go, will have a few quiet drinks together and relax and enjoy the balmy night. If it hasn't cooled down enough we might even partake in a few drinks while cooling off in the paddle pool LOL

We initially were looking for something to do, but in the end decided its MUCH easier just to do our own thing here

Considering heading to Nagambie to watch the 10 o clock fire works.

Haven't done anything for new year's in years and staying up past 9pm is a big night here
    We're on antibiotics so can't drink. In quarantine so couldn't go out if we wanted to, and anyway the smallest one is in a leg cast. Hip hip hooray! We will stay home, watch a spot of telly and then go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    Considering heading to Nagambie to watch the 10 o clock fire works.
    That's where I got my skydiving licence

Fish'n'chips have been consumed, boys are pretty tuckered out, and my arms are all cut up from the gardening I did (cutting down little trees and cropping and thinning large trees in amongst wild rose bushes and other plants ... ) so we're about to bathe the boys and put them to bed, and then just enjoy the evening by ourselves.

We tried out the new Hungry Jacks (ew, never again), and now we're home relaxing. Kids are bathed and DD is in pjs but I'm considering putting some shoes on her and going for a walk, she can see how far she can get on her scooter. That'll tire her out and we'll see if she makes it to the 9pm tv fireworks

We went to friends place who also have a 22 month old for a BBQ. It was a really nice way to spend the evening and we left at 9 so the girls could sleep. Off to bed now at 10:30pm, lol. Happy New Year!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

We went to the music and fireworks family event close to home. It was amazing so much fun lots of fun for all ages, singing and dancing great community feel! Much better than the stress of the city!!
    We got home just after 2300 the boys wanted to stay up till midnight and watch fireworks on TV and crashed pretty quick after!
    Super fun NYE .

We went to Luna park followed by the family fireworks at yarra park it was awesome apart from the wait for the loos the kids adored the fireworks. And we got to sleep in until 9!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12