Thread: So the Bunny comes....

Default So the Bunny comes....

On sunday night or tonight?

I am sure a few years we have got it wrong, and for some reason I thought it was tonight, until I spoke to my dad ( who had a catholic upbringing) and he said its sunday ..... Now im all confused, Im sure we have done it on saturday night a few times lol Oh well....

Does it really matter if you arent religious?

I know the eggs represent Christ being reborn or coming back to life... etc so Monday morning makes sense... hmmmm
    Last edited by Mum2Romone; April 23rd, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Traditionally, the EB comes on Saturday night.

I had no idea but he came early in my house, my oldest goes back to NZ on Wednesday so I wanted to give him time to be able to SLOWLY enjoy his eggs lol

Always been saturday night or very early sunday morning (depending on what time you go to bed) here. Our easter bunny is making an appearance this morning when I take DD for a walk. DP has to work easter this year so we're celebrating a day early.

We've always had the Easter bunny come Sat night/Sun morning. I always remember going to church for easter Sunday morning & we had eaten easter eggs before getting there & looking forward to going home & eating more. It's funny you posted this question because I was thinking is it actually Sun morning or Mon morning because just like you pointed out, Christ didnt resurect (sp?) until Monday (On the third day he rose again) so it would make more sense to find the eggs on Monday morning but I think its just done on Sun morning... prob more for convenience?

Ok, so the Easter bunny comes tonight/tomorrow morning.... yay!

Well, DH is away this week at work, so The Bunny isn't coming here til next weekend

Hahaha So for the 12 years that my mum and dad were together , we probably got them late I love it when parents are wrong.... so funny

We will be doing it tonight then , like I planned

very Excited in our house

Hop hop hop hop hop

The easter bunny just came to our house, i am so excited i had to hold myself back from going in and waking DD up! I have set up a nice trail of little eggs to some hiding spots with a small egg, new pyjamas for each of us, tooth brush for DS (who is about to turn 1) and some undies for DD Can't wait!

hop hop hop I just put out the little EB paw prints to help DS find his little presents. Just hope the ants dont find them first lol not that he will be eating them anyway, its the fun of the search

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Romone View Post

very Excited in our house
    Don't you mean "eggcited" ???

I want to do it tonight, but DS1 tends to wake and wander through the house at early hours, and don't want him to follow the egg trail out of the house to where he left the carrot outside!!!

Definitely tonight. I think the easter bunny got too carried away at my house! I didn't realise just how much chocolate there was until I put it all in their easter baskets (oh and the easter bunny is visiting DH and myself this year too, so there is extra). I think we have enough chocolate to last us for the entire year. This is what happens when I haven't eaten chocolate for 40days and I go easter shopping!!!

oh yes hop hop hop! easter bunny has left the 2 older boys a toy story metal lunch box, drink bottle, and torch. plus lots of easter eggs and hot wheels cars . and our newest edition has a big blue bunny, a footless romper, a winter outfit and a toy! oh i cannot wait to see their faces, DS1 wouldnt get dressed this morning and i sad easter bunny only comes to good boys and girls so you have to get dressed he sighs and goes okay lol! oh the way things are going christmas will be here soon and DS1 will have to behave hehe!