Thread: Australian Holiday Reviews

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Australian Holiday Reviews

Post your holiday reviews here if you have had a holiday somewhere in Australia! Don't forget to include when you went so we know if it's recent or not, and what you thought of it, along with any tips Approximately 1-2 paragraphs will be enough. A moderator will consolidate the reviews in this post under state headings.
    Last edited by BellyBelly; September 17th, 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

We took the kids to the gold coast in November, 2010. Was sooo much fun
    We stayed a Seaworld resort. Super kid friendly. About 10 metres from our hotel door was this massive water park for them to play in. And ofcorse, seaworld was just there! Every morning during breakfast, one of the characters from sesame street would make a "surprise" entrance. The kids just loved it, elmo, big bird! Super cool! We did all of the theme parks. From best to worst, I'd rate it, Dreamworld, Seaworld, Wet and Wild, Movieworld.
    One thing I didn't like about seaworld resort however, was because it was located at Seaworld (der), it wasn't like staying at any other hotel. You couldn't just go for a walk down the street and have a look-see. Stop off at this cafe because it looks nice, quickly grab a bottle of wine at that liquor store. It is quite a distance from areas like this, definitly could not walk. And because we didn't have a car, we had to use the resort for everything. And by night number 5 it got a bit tiresome. I like to adventure at different restarants for dinner and what not, not eat at the same place for breakfast and tea.

Tasmania in summer. (I went in 02).

We rented a car and drove from Hobart anti clockwise around the island in 10 days. We visited historic Port Arthur and Sarah island, vintage shopped in launceston, saw penguins on the east coast, hiked through picture postcards in wineglass bay and cradle mountain, saw world heritage ancient rainforests blanketed in thick moss and brightly coloured fungi, travelled down the glassy Gordon river, and experienced the eerie mining wasteland around queenstown.

The food in tasmania is so unbelievable I gained 8kgs and didn't care. We ate perfect tempura fish and chips at a simple local pub, visited berry farms, scoffed chocolate pasta and enjoyed tasting different free-range game meats on almost every menu. The only problem was that I had to stop eating to drive to our next destination.

---'---,[email protected]
    Jude 07/10/2008 | Lilac 16/06/2011

Metung Vic spring and winter (09 & 10)

We love Metung, a small fishing village just before Lakes Entrance. We have stayed at a couple of different places, with the most memorable being on the water. First visit we stayed in Metung at Chinamans Bay, had a lovely self-contained apartment type place. Right outside the front was the water where you coulf fish. There was a kids playground and you could walk along the boardwalk to the main street. The next couple of times we stayed at the Moorings, where they have a tennis court and an indoor (heated) and outdoor pool. Apartment was self contained and was loacted on the waterfront and main street, so we walked alot around Metung. It is about a 20 min drive to Lakes Entrance and we found it really peaceful.