Thread: Snow bunnies - meet on the hill.

Default Snow bunnies - meet on the hill.

Since lots of us like to slide in the snow I thought maybe we could start a thread to arrange to meet up in the snow. I'm sure some of us are in the same resorts at the same time every now and then.

I'll stick this thread until the end of the ski season and if it works we can start another one next year.

I'm skiing at Perisher this year so if anyone else is going to be there let me know.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I just found out that the launch of my trial for my project has been scheduled for end August, early Sept. Is late Sept too late?

I'll be at Perisher some where mid to late August at this stage. Woo Hoo can't wait.

I'm hoping to go skiing this year.

Sushee, It depends on the season. The resorts try to stay open until the labour day long weekend but whether there is any snow on the ground is up to mother nature. There was a huge dump just before closing last year and the resort was empty - win!! You're staying with me so you don't need to book anything in advance - if the snow is crap we'll take a r*** check and do it next year. If it's good you get a cheaper ticket and lessons than in peak season.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

That's fair. We may have to play it by ear. My BSA just put in a leave form for end August so he can go skiiing and I looked at him like WTF dude, it's when we're launching. And then it hit me that I wanted to go skiing too! Derp. So if it looks like I can get away, it may be impromptu, but that's rather illicit and exciting in its own way!

All this talk of the snow and the cold weather we are having....I'm off to have a look at Ebay. DD needs some ski boots she has grown out of hers.

I love this time of year.

I'm trekking to the snow last week of June, but not sure where or any details. I doubt I'll be skiing, since I can't see myself babywearing at the same time. But I'm going with a gf and we'll have the five kids between us who will be busting to have a snowball fight or similar.

Any tips, Onyx? We'll be going the week before the season officially opens, so I need some guaranteed real snow, not that fake stuff they spray on the ski slopes.

I think the last week of June is during the NSW school holidays isn't it? I can lend you a toboggan and some snow toys that are kind of like a cross between a toboggan and a shovel (you can hold the handle between your legs and ride on them or dig with them). You can grab them as you go through Jindy. I might have a set of chains that will fit your car too - you have to carry them even if there is no snow for a gazillion miles unless you have a 4wd.
    Perisher is better for snow play - they have an area for it and a toboggan slope and a few spots you can pull over by the road to play.

If you need guaranteed real snow then Alaska might be your best bet or perhaps Siberia

Hahaha, I can't see a road trip to Alaska. It'll be the week before the NSW school holidays, so hopefully we're missing the rush. When do ACT go on holidays?

I will def take you up on the snow chains and the toboggan, we're going to hire a 4WD big enough for all of us anyway. Perisher sounds like a good idea. I'm going to start stalking for accommodation deals. We might take a night in Canberra on the way there and back too (coffee anyone?).

We're the 6th of July to the 23rd of July.
    Last edited by Phteven; April 11th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.

I'll probably be doing hotham, falls and/or buller at some stage so if anyone is doing vic snowfields let me know.

I will only be able to do day-trips and NO skiing Don't want to risk an injury before Hawaii.

I will probably do a Canberra weekend during the season to catch up with a friend (if they're not sent to Perth for work)

We will be at Hotham or Falls. Not sure when yet. If anyone has any kids size boots and skis they want to sell, please let me know. Looking for about 100cm in skis and 20cm ish in boots.

We are thinking late July at this stage. Take a week off school

We're taking the last week of this term off and a week in August

Got my snow boots today!! Nearly all set and DD1 is fully kitted out thanks to Gumtree.

Hoping the cold weather is a bit less rainy and windy by the 24th though!