Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where have you travelled to?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Where have you travelled to?

Where in the world have you travelled to? Share where you have been so far, and let us know of all those places, where your fave was!

I'll start:

In Australia, I have been to QLD, NSW, VIC, SA, ACT, TAS, WA.

Overseas, I have been to Bali, Singapore, Bangkok, Phuket (inc. Phi Phi Island), Maldives, Vanuatu, Hong Kong, China, Fiji.

My fave? Definitely, without a doubt, the Maldives. Heaven on earth, shame I had morning sickness and was hormonal but it was beaut! We stayed at the Four Seasons and I highly recommed it!!!

Last edited by BellyBelly; November 25th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Ok, In Aus I've done most of SA, Vic, Tas, lots of NSW and QLD.

OS - Bali, Vanuatu, Maldives, Middle East, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, HK, Western Europe, US, Canada side of Niagra Falls, Mexico (just TJ though, but it counts LOL!!). I think that's it.

Jodie259 Guest

Australia: Vic, NSW, ACT, Tasmania, QLD

Overseas: New Caledonia, Fiji, Bali, Bangkok and Koh Somui in Thailand (3-4 times), Singapore, Israel (x2), South Africa (Durban & J'burg), USA - New York (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Arizona, Las Vegas, Mexico, London (lived there 3 years plus mulitple visits), Italy (x3) (too many cities to list), Athens (x3) & Corfu Island in Greece, France (x3-4), Switzerland, Amsterdam, Scotland, Germany...

I think that's it. I need an atlas to check. I'm onto my 3rd passport.

And to think that my parents never left Australia! Actually, my dad just returned from Thailand... which is his furthest he's ever been.

I love travelling... but I think it will slow down a lot now we'll have two kids. But we will be going to Israel every few years to see family - and I'm itching to go to Egypt and see the pyramids!

FAVOURITE: really hard to say.... can't pick one
    New York is amazing. so much to do... so little time!
    Koh Somui is like heaven. I will return there whenever I need to relax.
    Israel because it is soooo different from any other city.
    Greece & Italy for the culture. France for the romance.
    Last edited by Jodie259; September 17th, 2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: adding my favourite

Australia - NSW,QLD,NT,ACT,SA,VIC,TASMANIA

OS - Indonesia, Japan, Korea, China, Thailand, Singapore, Maylaysia

Oh I love travelling

In Australia.... all through Queensland from top to bottom and NSW.

OS ... lived in Solomon Islands for 5 yrs, Fiji, Singapore, USA, Italy, France, UK

I'd be off like a shot if finances/situations allowed. Actually my DH and I are talking about taking our kids on a short term aid trip to another country (like a world vision or compassion one) to broaden their experiences cross-culturally and help them develop more appreciation for, and respect for, cultures other than our own. (While teaching them how to serve others, too).

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I haven't been out of WA in Australia, but in overseas travel have been to Thailand, Singapore (where I came from originally so don't know if that counts) Malaysia, London, Scotland, and Egypt. I really want to see NZ and Italy (Rome in particular) but the one place both DH and I agree on is Japan, so that may be our next big trip. We also head off to Bali next year for DH's best friend's wedding.

Hands down my favourite place was the Scottish Highlands (the land of the Loch Ness monster!), and DH and I agree that we will go back one day. It was the most beautiful place I'd ever been too.
    Last edited by sushee; September 18th, 2007 at 03:47 PM.

*las* Guest

In Aus: - NSW, QLD, SA

OS - Thailand (Bankok, Chiang Mai, Phuket).

I need to get out more

Australia: NSW, VIC, TAS, SA, WA, NT, QLD. Across the Simpson Desert, right to the tip of QLD-Cape York. My parents used to do a lot of 4WD trips when i was younger!!

OS: USA- LA (twice), SF (twice), San Diego (twice), Mexico, Canada (Vancouver), Bali

Australia - QLD, Vic, NSW & Tas
    O/S - Fiji, Thailand, Singapore, UK (Wales, England, Scotland), Ireland, Belgium, Germany, France, Monacco, Italy, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Oh and can you all edit your posts to mention your fave of all those places?!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

In Australia: NSW, QLD, SA, ACT. Heading off to VIC next week!

Overseas: China & Hong Kong

In Australia, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA, NSW, ACT and King Island LOL!!!

O/S: France, Bali, Japan and Fiji. Ive stopped at Singapore and Dubai airports though.

I LOVED bali. perfect weather, fantastic shopping!

OMG!!! I haven't lived!

I have been to SA and VIC, woopppeeeee!

Am going to Bali next year, and hopefully will do a lot of travelling in the coming years!

ksbella Guest

In Australia, Ive been to QLD, NSW, SA, VIC and ACT

Overseas, I have been to Italy, Fiji, and both the Singapore and London airports (do they count!!)
    The best place I have been to though is Fiji, we went there for the first time in August and loved it!

OK, third time lucky. I feel I am destined not to post this as I keep losing it.

Australia: Vic (ha ha I live here) Tas, Qld, SA, NSW.

O/S: China (both mainland and Hong Kong before China took it back), Nepal, Singapore (least favorite place), Thailand (twice, Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Pattaya), Hawaii (twice), Bali (3 times), a Contiki tour that went around all the usual places in Europe (France, Italy, Corfu, Germany, Austria & Switzerland, The Netherlands etc), some cruises as a child/teenager that took me to Fiji, Samoa, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Tonga etc, New Zealand (twice as a child). I think that's it.

Most vivid memories(so many fantastic memories from my travels):
    Trying to walk up and then down the steps of the great wall of China when it was covered in snow and ice.
    Feeling snow fall on me for the very first time..... in Beijing.
    Walking around Kathmandu feeling like I'd stepped back in time.
    Wandering around the ruins of Pompei & Ayutthaya getting shivers down my spine... ruins just have that effect on me.
    Riding an elephant in a jungle in Thailand.... not in the seat but with my legs around his neck.... unbelievable expeience.
    Now for the sad memory which I will never forget.... standing in the gas chamber at Matthausen concentration camp.... it was like I could feel the spirits of the people who'd died there.... pictures of the victims were glued all over the walls.

If we count airports, I've sat on a plane at Abu Dhabi (couldn't get off the plane as there was some drama going on in the airport) and got out into the airport at Denver Colorado enroute from Gatwick to Oahu.

Favorite hotel: It's a toss up between the Yak & Yeti Hotel in Kathmandu which is actually an old palace or the Hotel Sofitel Central in Hua Hin, marble bathrooms, topiary animals throughout the garden, a man who wandered around with a tea trolley around the gardens where you just lay about on sun lounges, a baby elephant visited every day to entertain us, and the most exquisite looking food I've ever seen.

All the overseas travel happened by the age of 25.

Haven't travelled in years but would love to go to Borneo. Hoping to go to KK and stay at the Sutera Harbour Resort in the Magellen Wing. That place looks unreal. The perfect place for a solo traveller to go and that is what I will be.
    Last edited by satya; September 17th, 2007 at 10:42 PM.

wow ! what a fantastic thread to make me forget about being in the 2ww ! I just LOVE travel too and it helps to be married to a Canadian who loves travel too.

Australia - ACT, NSW all over, VIC all over, most of Queensland, Most of SA, most of NT, all over Tassie, and southern part of WA.

Overseas - now you're talking!

South Pacific/Asia: Fiji, Vanuatu, Numea, Tonga, New Zealand, Bali, Thailand, Singapore,

EUROPE : England, France, Netherlands, Spain, Austria , Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Greece, Denmark (WHERE I MET MY HUBBY!!), Norway, Sweden.

AFRICA: Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Zaire (central repulic of congo), Rwanda (where I saw the beautiful mountain gorillas in the wild!!).

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador (including the Galapolos Islands !!).

North AMERICA: New York, San Fran, Los Angeles, Princeton, New Jersey., Hawaii
    Canada: LIVED in Vancouver for 7 months, in laws live in southern Ontario, been all over the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, been to Montreal and Quebec City - Just gorgeous!!!

And last, but not least: An amazing trip to Antarctica - via ship from Argentina......including sub-Antarctic islands like South Georgia Island where thousands of pengins, birds, seals live.

My favourite place? Africa...........it has a magic all of its own.
    Where would I love to go one day? Tibet without a doubt....

In Australia - went around Australia when i was 10!! went QLD in 2002 loved it on the gold coast

Overseas, been to Bali twice and its my favourite it was awesome went for a month the second time when i was 15 with my best friend and her family, so got upto quite alot of mischieve

*las* Guest

Wow, Runnermum! That's a lot of travelling you lucky thing!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast